NYC vegan ice cream and desserts shop. Features 4 ice cream bases: soy, coconut, hemp, and sorbet. Also serving vegan and gluten-free baked goods, raw chocolates as well as coffee and tea. Entrance is on 10th St. NOTED ON THEIR FACEBOOK - SHUT DOWN NOVEMBER 25, 2012. more-less
Vegan, Organic

First Review by veganaurora
KarinaU1
KarinaU1

Vegan goodies

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2012

Vegan ice cream in soy, coconut, and hemp options and sorbet. Delicious favors. They also have cupcakes from Babycakes along with chocolates and brownies. Delicious.

Pros: Great variety, Awesome flavors, Ice cream and baked goods
serosenberg
serosenberg

Sweet spot in the East Village

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

Stopped into Stogo yesterday for a sweet treat on a hot afternoon. They had probably 20 flavors to choose from (not everything listed on their website was available), including hemp, soy and coconut varieties of ice cream. They also had some sorbet, plus cupcakes, cookies and brownies from Babycakes. Sadly no toppings, so I couldn't get the vegan sundae of my dreams, but the offerings were tasty enough on their own. And you do have the option of getting a personalized ice cream cookie sandwich.

I went with chocolate hemp and salted caramel pecan. My husband got bananas foster ice cream and mojito sorbet. All were excellent - I never would have guessed that they were non-dairy. Super creamy, gelato-style and decadently flavored. My favorite was the salted caramel pecan. I was expecting something with mix-ins, but all the flavors were pretty much blended into the ice cream. The chocolate was rich and delicious. The bananas foster was nice and banana-y and the mojito was tasty, but I prefer ice cream to sorbet.

The service at Stogo was really friendly. They generously offer samples (I tried the pomegranite chip, but decided against it) and make a point to make their customers feel welcome and happy.

Pros: delicious ice cream, friendly service
Cons: no toppings
kathreenV
kathreenV

What a great experience

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2012

What a great experience to enter a totally vegan ice cream shop! I literally didn't know what flavor to choose and I ended up having 4 ice creams. Simply Amazing! cannot wait to go back to NY to visit this place!

Pros: variety of flavors, totally vegan, location

Corina
Corina

awesome vegan ice cream

4 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2012

I've only eaten here once, but I ordered both an ice cream as well as a cupcake. I got the oatmeal cookie ice cream and a carrot cake muffin. The ice cream was perfectly creamy and had an awesome flavor. They offered maybe 10-15 different flavors of ice cream, all of which looked great. The one thing that would have made the ice cream even better was if they had some cones to serve it in rather than just cups. They did have the option of having your ice cream sandwiched between two cookies, which just sounded too sweet to me at the time.

I saved the cupcake to eat for breakfast the next morning since I was staying with some non-vegan friends and I wasn't sure what my options would be. The flavor of the cupcake was delicious, but it was pretty dry. This may have been because it wasn't freshly baked, but I don't think any of my homemade cupcakes dry out that fast, so I'm a bit doubtful that this was the main cause of the dryness. I'd be willing to try another cupcake next time I'm in the area to see if it was a fluke.

There was limited seating available inside and a few tables outside, which were all filled when I visited. Overall, this place is definitely worth a try if you're vegan and in the neighborhood!

Pros: delicious
Cons: no cones, a bit pricey
bencamps
bencamps

Vegan Ice Cream Heaven!!!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2011

Visited on 29/06/11. If you've never been to a vegan ice cream parlour before (like we hadn't) prepare to be amazed. My girlfriend had choc-chip cookie and choc-chip vanilla (coconut base)ice cream sandwich, I had a tub of raspberry (hemp based) and vanilla bean (coconut based)ice creams. It rocked our worlds, we sat on their little bench and watched the world go by, and an elderly lady nearly get run over by the cops.

Pros: Vegan Ice cream!!!!
Cons: None.
Marte P
Marte P

Vegan icecream bliss

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

I am not a vegan myself, but am willing to trek quite far for good quality vegan ice cream, and this was definitely worth every step. Can not believe the bad review of the person with credit card issues, the people were super friendly, and the ice cream was just amazing! I had three huge scoops, and I finished every smudge. My favourites were chocolate chip cookie and chocolate fudge brownie. Do not miss this if you are in the neighborhood.. or even if you are not!

I only give four cows because I reserve five cows for great, full dining experiences, but the ice cream itself is worth five cows.

Pros: Great ice cream, Great varity of flavours, Reasonably priced
Cons: No seating area
veganmanc
veganmanc

Amazing selection

5 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2011

Amazing selection of vegan ice creams. Very friendly and helpful owner, she ensured we tried every flavour before we decided which to buy and also gave us advice on where else to get good vegan food in NYC.

Best flavours were chocolate fudge and caramel.

Pros: Amazing selection, Friendly staff
chicintelligente
chicintelligente

Best Vegan Ice Cream

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2010

This little joint in the east village serves my favorite vegan ice creams. Ever. The variety of bases makes it fun for lovers of texture, and the flavors themselves are creative (pistachio-cardamom, etc).

As a plus- they serve some other goodies (toppings!) from NYC bakeries like BabyCakes and chocolate shops like CocoaV!

Pros: Large Selection, Delicious Ice Creams, Open late night
Cons: No bathrooms
boxofsunshine
boxofsunshine

I'd give it one star if the program would let me

2 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2010

You're much better off going to Lula's on 6th between A and B, which is A) friendlier, B) tastier, and C) adorably decorated (not clinical and cold like Stogo).

The owner is a complete nutcase. They have a $10 credit minimum, which isn't legal (no credit minimum is, at least for major credit cards), and after I explained this to her she made up a lie about how she spoke to Visa and they assured her that she could have a minimum.

Also--who is going to buy $10 worth of ice cream? Granted, it's way overpriced, but that is still an unreal amount.

Pros: organic
Cons: everything else
  • Lanky Lanky

Most places have a minimum to use a credit card. Is it really a big deal to carry cash around? You know, a few bucks in your pocket just in case you want an ice cream.
    Seems pretty obvious to me that you had an argument with the owner, and then came online to badmouth the place as revenge. One review you've made, and its to whine about them not letting you charge 2 bucks on a card!

veganaurora
veganaurora

Amazing ice cream

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2010

Ice cream heaven. There are so many different flavours. We had 3 scoops each, I wish I could have eaten more. Definitely recommended. One of the highlights of our trip to New York was eating totally decadent and delicious dairy-free ice cream from this place.

Pros: big choice of ice cream , healthy and/or indulgent, cakes too!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Stogo: