Serves meat, veg options available. A family-owned bistro offers at least two vegan options daily. Daily menu is written on a blackboard with vegan items clearly marked. closed Sat-Sun. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
Gertrudes Iela 6
Riga, Latvia

Mon-Fri 11:00am-8:30pm

First Review by maljorka
scratchgrey
scratchgrey

Daily menu

4 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

Menu changes daily but they have the menu for the week available so you don't have to turn up to find out if they'll have anything you like.

Few vegetarian options and always one vegan option per day. Veggie and vegan options clearly labelled.

veggieriga
veggieriga

Poor customer service, overpriced food

1 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

The first time I went to Stock Pot was last year and I had trouble finding it as I had lost my piece of paper with the address. So I ended up walking up and down Gertrudes St for half an hour before finding it. When I arrived, I was very thirsty and so drank water from my water bottle which they didn’t liked, despite the effort I had made to find the place. So we did not get off to the best start, but anyway since I was there I decided to try to the food. It was ok and so I wrote a review mentioning they had vegetarian food, but I didn’t tell them, because I usually do not tell places when I write reviews. After that I went a few more times, and Richard, the owner, was pressuring me to write a review. I thought it was odd considering I had already written a review, but I didn’t mention that. He wanted me to mention things about their meat dishes, etc which again was odd because I had only eaten their vegetarian food. Frankly I thought their food was a bit expensive. They also do not have specials for lunch. When I went there, I would usually spend about 5 lats (without a drink) for my vegetarian food which was expensive for a cafeteria style restaurant; at almost all other restaurants in Riga including actual sit down restaurants, lunch costs less than that except for the most expensive ones and to spend so much elsewhere at lunch, one would have to go to a non vegetarian restaurant and order non vegetarian food. It is far more expensive than any other vegetarian place at lunch and one of the most expensive places if not the most expensive place at dinner for vegetarians.

I have other things to say, but I would prefer to say them in a pm rather than write them here.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 02, 2013

Cons: the most expensive option for vegetarian, portions are too small, unfriendly service
Gudrun
Gudrun

Great veggie options at a low price

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

Small nice and friendly place. I had the two vegan options of the day which were a Malaysian laksa (= spicy noodle) soup with coconut milk and a "chili con soya" with rice. Both were very good and the soup was one of the best soups I ever had.

Very friendly service. Low prices.

I wish this was a "veg only" place ;-) ... then it would be perfect!

Pros: great food, nice people, low price
Cons: serves meat

maljorka
maljorka

The best food for vegans in Riga

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2012

In Riga there aren't many places for vegans to eat, furthermore - if you manage to find a place, probably you will be able to get only potatoes and cabbage salad.
But Stockpot offers something fresh, so to say. Daily menu includes at least two vegan options that are clearly marked with letters VG (so you don't have to interrogate the staff about ingredients). Usuallythey offer something different every day from various cuisines (some examples: chilli con soya, tom kha, dahl, gazpacho), but every day they have tabbouleh + hummus (very tasty).
The atmosphere is really good, and the place is quite small. From the seating area you can see the kitchen and it is very clean and white. This bistro is family-owned - the owner himself is a chef there, and his wife serves food. They are very friendly (and speak English as well).
Full portion costs about 2-3 LVL, but you can get a half portion for half of that sum.
Unfortunately, they do serve meat, but at least you can't feel any smells from cooking it, and it isn't "displayed" there.
If you go there later in the day, you might be left with only one option, because the bistro is very popular and people tend to eat everything during the day :)

Pros: near centre of the city, very tasty, affordable
Cons: serves meat