Stella's Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Casual cafe that offers a tempeh reuben sandwich and a vegetarian pepperoni sandwich in addition to changing soups. Vegans to specify. Offers Washington wine and beer. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by hsawle
CPAgrrrl
CPAgrrrl

Grateful for Stella's

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

Stella's has at least three (maybe four?) vegan or veganizeable sandwiches on the menu. As already mentioned, their soups are always vegan and one or more of their sides/salad options is too. I recently had the moroccan chickpea salad and it was divine! Their food options are never boring or run of the mill and I love them for it. I am very grateful to have Stella's in my town. My omnivore hubby doesn't like to go to some of the other restaurants I like to frequent, but this one he's always up for.
Stella's is totally worthy of five cows but because it's a non-veg restaurant, I'm only allowed to give it four.

Pros: Delicious, Nice wide-open space
Cons: Maybe pricey - but 100% worth it, Wish they had vegan baked goods too
Vege20555
Vege20555

heads up

3 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2013

Just visited and for breakfast there aren't any vegetarian options other than muffins! Lunch menu looks good though ...

Pros: nice cafe, tables available
Cons: only bakery for breakfast
Vegavioletta
Vegavioletta

Tasty quick food for lunch or dinner

4 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2013

I go to Stella quite frequently. Their food is always excellent. They have many vegan and vegetarian options and because the kitchen is right where you order, you can ask questions about the contents of each soup sandwich etc. Most soups (if not all?) are vegan, and I haven't had a bad soup yet even though the offering changes frequently. The bread is fresh made and I've tried a variety of sandwiches and each has been very good. In particular, try the spicy BBQ tofu with a spicy cabbage slaw on top or the Portobello Mushroom, which a lot of places offer, but theirs is done right. Atmosphere is very laid back and nice, big open space, nice lighting, and a pool table you can use without the usual drunk bar crowd. Baked goods are great too, and they often offer vegan pastry options.

Pros: Great Food, Quick service, Cozy atomosphere
Cons: Portions may be small for large appetite
veggie*
veggie*

so so

2 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2012

I had a couple of the sandwiches, and I think Subway has better vegan sandwiches, to be honest. I like supporting local restaurants, but the food has to be worth it. The prices were high for a mediocre meal, but the environment was pretty cool.

Pros: funky interior
Cons: price
juliotnunes
juliotnunes

Stella's Cafe

3 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2012

Nice atmosphere and plenty of vegan options. Had a few of the sandwiches and they were average and could of ordered the same sandwiches at any other deli that served vegan sandwiches. The bread was extremely thick, making the meal fill me up verses tasting the veggies on the sandwich.

hsawle
hsawle

Great Veg Options

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

I am very impressed by Stella's. Wish I lived in Spokane so I could visit more often but will visit each time I'm in town. Such AMAZING soups and to know that they are all Vegan if not Gluten Free... makes my day! I'm happy that I found this new place in Spokane. Makes visiting my non-veg family members easier as we will all have options. Can't wait till I go back and try more options.

Pros: Vegan Friendly- excellent food, Good Value, great space

Dear Owner and Manager of Stella's Cafe: