Stella's Cafe and Bakery

Serves meat, veg options available. Chic little cafe with several locations - see website. Offers a few labeled vegan menu items; other vegetarian dishes could be made vegan by request. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Canadian, Western, Bakery, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
460 Portage Ave

gwild
gwild

amazing vegan options

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2014

Stella's was my favorite place to eat when visiting Winnipeg
While this restaurant is not vegetarian they have many vegan and vegetarian offerings. They are clearly marked on the menu.
I had the Vegan Mexican for $10.45. The portion was large and it was amazing.
It included corn tortillas, refried beans, homemade breakfast patties, spinach and mushrooms. It was served with salsa, guacamole and roasted potatoes.
Another day I had the vegetarian lasagna with an arugula salad. The arugula was perfect, not too bitter. The lasagna was quite cheesy but I loved it. Many of their items are vegan or can be made vegan though not the lasagna.
They have numerous locations. This one is located near the University. It was clean, bright and arty.
Many of the restaurants in Winnipeg had few choices for vegetarians so I was delighted to finally have a good vegan meal.
Stellas also has a location at the Winnipeg airport just before security. It was so nice to have a delicious vegan breakfast before my flight. I also ordered the mushroom ragout for the plane.

Pros: delicious , hip, friendly service
Cons: serves meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Stella's Cafe and Bakery: