Serves meat, veg options available. Has many vegan items including organic gourmet soft pretzels, in-house-made soups, specialty salads in a bread bowl, a 3 bean burger, a pocket sandwich and a quesadilla. Cozy quaint environment with Wi-Fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, International, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

Sarkel
  • raw

barely anything for vegans

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2015

After coming here, I've chosen not to order anything, as their few "healthy" choices were extremely unappetizing. I tasted the only vegan soup, carrot/ginger, and it was extremely salty, gingery, and strangely gelatinous. It was also heated in a microwave. I then thought to have an organic smoothie, and as it turns out they only use organic sweetened flavored concentrates for smoothies, as opposed to real fruit. No greens are organic and almost all entrees (salads included) are full of animal products. The outdoor seating is minimal (2 tables) and full on this beautiful day. Do not come here if your interest is primarily to have lunch outside. I did give a second star because it does have some options better than a lot of restaurants, including organic pretzels, which I won't eat as I eat gluten free but can appreciate their efforts, as well as one vegan quesadilla option made with hummus. The staff was also very nice. Overall, this place barely deserves a mention on this site, but at least you can get something if you are really hungry and not too particular.

Saniella55
Saniella55

Don't support this restaurant---Rude to customers

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2015

I observed the staff talking loudly and rudely to a female customer because she was "taking up space" and didn't purchase enough food! Also, might be good veg food but I observed much of it came from Wegmans!! They need to learn that customers make or break a business and this is not the way to treat anyone....the girl was visibly upset and it was so embarrassing for her and everyone who witnessed this event! They could have simply asked if they could get her or her guest something more rather than complaining that she was "taking up their space" when there were only 2 other customers in the place! I would always rather go to a restaurant when there are other customers there rather than an empty place...this girl-customer was very nice and chatty and she helped me feel welcome...until the staff verbally assaulted her!! Not worth it...go to Wegmans instead--they treat customers right!

Pros: if you want to be treated badly, if you want Wegmans food without going , want Wegmans food to go
Cons: Rude, disrespectful staff, unbelievable how they treat customers, RUDE...no social skills!!
JuliaGulia

Comfortable
Great prices
Friendly
Great drinks

I had the bean burger and cucumber salad and it was absolutely amazing, perfect lunch!

rhebes01
rhebes01

lovely cafe menu!! hearty soups and salads too

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2015

I had the special salad - roasted Brussels sprouts with spinach and cashews and green apple. Big portion. Also had the butternut squash soup. Very filling! And finally, the vegan organic soft pretzels are amazing and hand-rolled and baked in house. They come with a side of hummus and are excellent. Everything was cooked right before our eyes. Solid place for a vegan lunch!

MesaChelli
MesaChelli

Homemade pretzels, and great veggie fare

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

I took some friends here to explore the bread and soup and all of it was great. Super flavorful pretzels, flatbreads, and soups. Veggie options galore. Friendly atmosphere made this a superb visit.

Pros: Home made dough / pretzels, Friendly staff, Quaint vibe
Cons: Unassuming outside
Yerinnia
Yerinnia

AMAZING buns

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

When we got there, there was only one woman working, but she served us quickly and was attentive. I got the 3 grain burger (corn, beans, and peppers) on a bun with lettuce and hummus. The lady made everything (including the bun for my burger) herself in a kitchen in full view of the patrons. We were able to customize our orders and the food was delicious. The bun was fluffy and doughy, and even whole wheat! My mom ordered a quesadilla with bruschetta and cheddar, and she said she really enjoyed it. All the food was filling and felt comforting.
They also have a lot of gourmet pretzels, which we were too full to try, but looked good. We ended up getting a jalapeno one for my brother to-go, and its making the car smell delicious. Will definitely be returning next time we're in the area!

Pros: friendly staff, made to order breads, healthy, vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Stations Cafe: