Stanlieo's Sub Villa

Serves meat, veg options available. Has ovo-vegetarian soy meatless products and vegetable subs. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by v_gan
AJLonesome
AJLonesome

Nice offerings!

3 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2010

I recently had the "vegetable medley" sub, which is made up of grilled onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms, and smothered in melted provolone and american cheeses. It was very yummy, but I think next time I'll get it with just the provolone cheese. The American cheese was a bit too much for me. They offer all kinds of veggie-meat substitutes, but I don't eat meat substitutes so I can't offer anything on how they taste.
Overall, a wonderful place for a veggie to eat!

Conniebama
Conniebama

• non-vegetarian

Stanlieo's is very Vegetarian Friendly

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2010

Stanlieo's was the first restaruant in Huntsville to cater to the vegetarian community (opened in 1971 started selling Veggie Meats 1974)
Stanlieo's sells Submarine sandwiches that can be meatless - or just no pork - or vegan. They also have salads (pasta at our Governors Drive Location) however I realize that Salads are available most places. For those who have serious alergies and/or specific needs please give them your special requests - they will do anything to serve their patrons better.

Pros: variety, healthy, family friendly
Cons: local only, service varies
  • Conniebama Conniebama

I am sorry I should have mentioned that I am the owner of Stanlieo's Sub Villa - I meant to put that in my "review." My intentions were to make sure the info here was accurate. THANK YOU

lepreveg
lepreveg

Amazing Vegetarian Subs

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2008

Stanlieo's Vegetarian Subs are amazing. It's so hard to find vegetarian food other than a baked potato and salad at a restaurant in and around Huntsville. My favorite is the faux cheesesteak sandwich. When I need something different, that hits the spot.

Pros: Exellent Food, Very large portions
Cons: Bit of a dive
v_gan
v_gan

NOT Vegan-friendly!!

1 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2008

I went to Stanlieo's Sub Villa last night, thinking I was going to get an awesome veggie-meat sub sandwich. Wrong! ALL the veggie meats at this place contain egg. Both the white and wheat bread also contain egg. There isn't a single thing item for vegans at this place other than a bowl of raw vegetables (this is what I was told by the woman working there). I would not recommend this place at all. I was horribly disappointed.

Cons: not vegan friendly
  • Conniebama Conniebama

Stanlieo's only has one "vegan" sub and that would be the veggie medly (no cheese or mayo). Our bread never has had egg in it - neither the white or wheat. I say that only in response to your negative comment. However Stanlieo's doesn't claim to be VEGAN in any way - we do have Vegetarian Subs including the Veggie Combo and the Veggie Steak Kabob Sub - (however you were correct in saying that all of our Veggie meats have egg whites)

I just wanted to update the information that you gave that may have been misunderstood as negative.

Dear Owner and Manager of Stanlieo's Sub Villa: