Serves meat, veg options available. They offer made-in-house black bean burgers which can be substituted for anything on the menu. They also offer five bun options (including gluten-free) and Vegan cheese and mayonnaise. They also have Veg and Vegan-friendly sides and salads. Friendly, helpful staff. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
170 S First St (Old Third Ward)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
414-273-7800

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by SynthVegan
CaitlinCornelius
CaitlinCornelius

Great Black Bean Burger

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2014

I stopped in for a quick bite to eat for lunch. I just sat at the bar, and the service was prompt and friendly. I ordered the Black Bean Stacked burger with vegan cheese and sweet potato fries. It was one of the better black bean burgers I've ever had. Don't forget to request that the bun not be buttered, though if vegan.

I'd definitely come back again. And next time I'll try something from their well stocked bar.

kdub
kdub

Expanded Menu

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2011

I hadn't been to Stack'd for a while, but just went again last night. They have a few new things clearly marked as "vegan" on their menu-- The Black Stack (black bean burger is now vegan), HLT (hummus, lettuce and tomatoe) and Portabella Stack, as well as a few apps and salads. For sides, they offer fries, onion rings, vinegar slaw. They also added brunch on Sat/Sun with a few vegan choices, such as tofu scramble, seitan, granola. They also changed their vegan cheese to Daiya.
I would still recommend Stack'd for a good "burger," nice atmosphere, and of course, extensive beer choices!

Pros: clearly marked menu, affordable, lots of beer!
Cons: could have more choices
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Don't go here if you're vegan...vegetarian, maybe.

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2010

Yeah they have vegan cheese (Follow Your Heart brand) and vegan mayonnaise (Vegenaise brand), but what good does that do a vegan when there is almost nothing vegan to put it on? Sure they have a homemade black bean burger but it's not vegan, the waitress said it was just vegetarian. Since I was there with someone I couldn't just leave so I got their 'Hummus, Lettuce, Tomato' sandwich without the hummus and added Vegenaise. I was entirely skeptical about my sandwich; I hope it was truly vegan. With that said if you're vegan, avoid this place...if you're vegetarian, you have a lot more options and you may very well like this place. But to add another point of view, the person I was with (non-vegetarian) said his burger was very lackluster.

This place also loses points because of the horrible service we encountered. There were only two tables in the restaurant (with 4 servers) and the service was very slow. I hate to say it, but some people just should not be working as waiters/waitresses, our waitress being one of them. She was slow, inattentive and messed up my order big time while charging us for extras we didn't even ask for. Given this experience, I will never go back to Stak'd.

Pros: Many vegetarian options
Cons: Horrible service, Few vegan options for vegan condiments

Dear Owner and Manager of Stak'd Bar: