Large indoor market with a food court featuring many vendors including ones selling vegetarian prepared foods. Hosts events. more-less
International, Non-veg
May Street (Oxford Street)
Belfast, Northern Ireland
028-90320202
Closed Time

Fri 6:00am-2:00pm, Sat 9:00am-3:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by Goody Goody Gumdrop
gingergrace
gingergrace

Several Vegetarian AND Vegan options!

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2015

Not only were there several vegan plates to chose from among the various stands (I went with a freshly made falafel wrap), there were tons of vegan baked goods as well! Including power energy balls, etc. I went on a Sunday which is when I believe most of these stands are up, but I heard on Fridays and Saturdays they have tons of farmer markets up selling fresh local produce! They had one on Sunday too, so if you're looking for the whole thing... food stands, produce stands (i even ordered kombucha to pick up next week!), shopping stands (lots of knick knacks and art), and live music - I can definitely recommend Sunday! I haven't been on the other days yet but from what I was told everyday has a sort of theme... I was told friday was more for necessity stuff and more working class went, and it gets more expensive on saturdays/sundays with more speciality stuff... but i can only vouch for Sunday and it was awesome! Definitely going back

Pros: Good variety, Enjoyable vibe , All in one!
Cons: Minimal seating (Crowded when i went)
acissejlw
acissejlw

A great surprise!

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

It took me a while to find the vegan options amongst the many food stalls, but it was definitely worth looking! I ended up finding a green smoothie,a vegan curry and a vegan banana cake! There are a couple of completely vegetarian stalls and the cake stall that I went to was gluten free and mostly vegan. Also great live music and atmosphere.

Pros: good food and value for money, quite a wide variety, great atmosphere
Cons: lots of non-veg stalls to wade through!, quality and presence of stalls may vary
Goody Goody Gumdrop
Goody Goody Gumdrop

There are vegan options

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2011

I believe both of these are only there on the Sunday market.

Fin McVeg has vegetarian, pescatarian & vegan food. I had the vegan dal over rice. It was ok - not much seasoning to it...but after a week of very few options, I was happy to find it.

Check Out My Buns Bakery has vegan baked goods (and some gluten free options as well). I got a slice of chocolate cake that was amazing. I wish I had picked up more for the rest of the trip

Dear Owner and Manager of St George's Market: