CLOSED: Sseduced

Raw vegan food restaurant opened in fall 2013; previously operated as a mobile trailer. Reported closed to HappyCow April 2014. more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Western
The Granary 20 Cecilia St. Templebar (Dublin 2)
Dublin, Ireland

mmichell
mmichell

No longer open?

2 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2014

My partner and I visited Sseduced on Tuesday 22 April 2014 and found an empty space with a sign posted in the window talking about some "new adventure" they were embarking upon, yet no address for a new location.

Helsby
Helsby

a special delicious adventure

5 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

I've been to sseduced many times now about 6 and yes at the start the place needed to find its feet but boy does it sseduce now! I love the place now. Its an honour to eat there. The food is tantalisingly good. The desserts are to die for including the sauces and ice creams. The owner is a glowing light of knowledge and warm heartedness and drive to make this restaurant a beautiful place. I will keep coming back here. The raw pizza is a unique and gorgeous dish. The soup is full and earthy. The ginger tea is refreshing. Yum yum yum is all I can say I love it!

Pros: fantastic food, healthy , unique
  • nojvegan nojvegan

I can't believe this review at all.Ridiculous phoney

• Helsby Helsby

Hi Michael, I have no affiliation whatsoever with the owner of this restaurant. My name is Helen Gatenby. Are you a raw vegan? I really appreciate the efforts this place is going to to make healthy raw vegan food. And I just make sure I don't go in if I'm in a rush. I think it's a lovely relaxed feeling in there and I seriously love the pizza. Admittedly when u barely ever get pizza it's easier to find it so divine... anyway its a pity we don't agree but I just wanted to respond to let you know that I swear I have no connection to the place I honestly just really like it. Helen

• MichaelM4567 MichaelM4567

Hahah This has been clearly written by the owner of the restaurant. 8 reviews over 10 are bad reviews, It sound very much like a direct answer towards my review to try to make this disaster restaurant sound better. Try again people are not so easily fooled

MichaelM4567
MichaelM4567
  • herbivore

rude staff and owner, food with hair

2 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

Very rude and intrusive staff which was pushing me to get 2 mains instead of one, 2 soups instead of one and dessert. Also very loud and annoying.

After ordering dessert (because it seemed like I had no choice) the waiter couldn't stop talking and pushing me in having another dessert after that, I found that very rude and inappropriate.

Food: Expensive, fatty,heavy and salty, and MY MAIN MEAL HAD HAIR ALL OVER THE PLATE YUCK!! I nearly vomited but I didn't say anything because I was too scared of the reaction of the owner which had been very rude to me already and for no reason. The waiter didn't even bother to ask me why I left the food untouched on the plate when he took it out.

Terrible atmosphere, front door opened right behind me in the freezing winter cold.

The owner was equally rude and seemed to be very annoyed of me asking her simple questions about the food. As if I was there to steal her recipes/ideas when since I suffer from food allergies and intolerance I was just trying to choose an appropriate meal for me.

I was with a friend and the whole thing was embarrassing.

Not going back there ever again and would recommend only to my worst enemies
Updated from previous review on Monday February 24, 2014

Pros: food could be ok if improved
Cons: Owner's & staff attitude, hair on food overall lack of hygene, heavy, salty and 100% fat food no salads

lollydolly
lollydolly

I am SO NOT sseduced

2 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

I genuinely felt like I was at an hospital room about to have surgery,the atmosphere wasn't enjoyable,there was no music in the background, the floor was made of just plain rough concrete and the chairs were so uncomfortable! They were plastic chairs that are used in crapy secondary schools not to talk about the wobbling cheap ikeas tables.The staff (2kids) were all over the place,they were talking some sort of hispanic language constantly and all the time, playing, messing with each other and giggling ignoring my presence completely.When I walked in I was not even told "welcome", and honestly I think that speaking another language in front of people for long periods of times and being ignored is pretty RUDE.The menu was rather skimpy, but the real problem was that only 2 choices were available which was weird as I was the first customer on a Saturday 4 lunch.The staff was unable to tell me what the dishes consisted of,which ingredients were used and were clueless about raw food.My "rice" was honestly like eating nails and tasted funny, it even gave me stomach cramps and got through me completely undigested. The "Large Slice of pizza with two salads” was the thinnest slice I had ever seen in my life!Was only a thin stripe in a huge empty plate it came without salads cos they didn't have any and it was cold. So "the LARGE and WARM pizza slice with 2 SALADS" is not what I would recommend.Some people were served juices that were virtually gone off! They were juiced with an high speed juicer and as they were let to sit on the counter(not even in the fridge)they started to turn brown.I asked the staff where they prepared the food and they told me that the production kitchen was in Blanchardstown and all the food was made there 2-3 days ahead and then transported to the restaurant.I asked for a slice of cheesecake the waitress dropped it on the floor broke it's glass container and came up to me pointing at it on the floor and saying that "she wasn't going to clean that up”.New people coming in couldn't help to stare at that squashed cake on the floor marbled with broken glass.Neither could they avoid stepping on glass as it was everywhere.When I paid I wasn't given a receipt because "the till was broken" and as I walked out I saw the waitresses sitting at the table outside devouring a huge cheese&meatballs Subway baguette.Seeing that outside a raw vegan restaurant was hilarious.Sseduced is:expensive,staff terrible,food mediocre+tiny portions and decor horrible

• webmaster webmaster

For more regarding this reviewer/review, please contact the member.

Veirs
Veirs

waay too expensive

2 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2014

I was really excited to try this place out but was horribly disappointed. I ordered a slice of pizza which was just over €6, then went for the option to add salad for another €6. The pizza slice was very small, although it did taste lovely, and the salad was a tiny bit of beetroot and avocado. Me and my friend were starving after our €25 meal so we went straight to Cornucopia after to fill our empty bellies with big portions for reasonable prices with what remained in our almost empty pockets. Very disappointing for such a lovely idea for a place. Oh well.

nam
nam

Bad customer service

2 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2014

I'm interested to see the other poor reviews for this restaurant as they mirror my own experience. I tried to make a booking for the 6 course tasting menu as I had been given a groupon voucher as a present. I emailed twice to make a booking as instructed but received no reply. I then phoned and a staff member told me the restaurant is booked up until after the voucher expires. I asked for an extension to the voucher but was told I should try to get a refund instead. When I explained that it was a gift from a friend so I couldn't get a refund and I asked to speak to the owner Sil, I was told to call back the next day. I had to phone three times before she was actually there. However, even though she was there the third time, she wouldn't come to the phone and the staff member again told me to get a refund and there was nothing she could do. If this is the type of customer service shown to potential customers (and I am a vegan and was interested in trying the restaurant) then I will definitely not be visiting this restaurant. A restaurant experience is more than just the food. I've read mixed reviews about this place but from my own interactions I am not impressed. Customer service is very bad indeed.I'm not sseduced

Cons: bad customer service
konlish
konlish

Feedback

2 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2013

Went for dinner today. Had the carrot and tomato soups with the onion and almond breads, Pizza, Wild rice with topping of the day and carrot and goji cake. We asked for hot water which the waitress forgot to serve. The soups were very bland, they literally tasted like pureed tomatoes and carrots. I have had devine raw tomato soup when I was in South Africa. The pizza was pretty good, i liked the ilusion that it did not seem raw.The wild rice was different, new, but i felt like as it was not cooked that there would be a digestion issue and I put effort to do some extra chewing. The cake was not bad. I found that the place is a bit over priced, almost 7 euros for a small slice of pizza, even when adding the extra 6 euros for just a tablespoon of salad is not filling enough. I think it should be for the whole pizza. For 7 euros it should be a meal that one gets, unfortunately that small slice of pizza is not filling enough to form a meal. They need to totally use a new soup recipe. THe restaurant needs to get a bigger sign as we went pass it twice before finding it. The sliding door near the toilet kept hitting against our table we had to reposition it. I also asked for everything to be served together. I personally do not like my meals coming in one at a time. If I feel like eating dessert and then go in between for soup or main meal that's more convenient. than waiting between each item. I will however be back to try the rest of the menu the kelp noodles and cappuccino.

Pros: Pizza, Nice aroma of food
Cons: Over priced, Small portions, Bland soups
Elowen
Elowen

Amazing cakes hot chocolate and juices!

2 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2013

The place is lovely and finally something more specific about raw and vegan food.
I tried their cakes, they had a lovely carrot cake topped with chocolate and a very good cheese cake made from cashew topped with cranberries... both of them were very very tasty and nourishing.
I didn't know much about raw food and I am really surprised that everything taste so lovely!
I tried beetroot and ginger juice... and I was amazed. It takes long time to make, but is good.
The place is nice, need a bit of colour and a friendlier atmosphere.

Pros: tasty cakes / food /juices, lovely music, slow food
Cons: cold, expensive, small portions
Vegan in Dublin
Vegan in Dublin

unSseducced, feel free to try again:)

2 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

I ate at Sseduced for late lunch recently .I went out of curiosity and with a willingness to support a new vegan cafe. I have to admit I wanted to be impressed because I live on a high raw diet , but am aware that when it comes to raw catering its usual to rely on fatty sweets and sauces to fill the gut rather than high carb veg or fruits. I had beetroot & orange juice served in a bottle with a glass straw after learning only two options remained in the juice menu.The straw was novel and good for stirring but if I was meant to drink through it it didn't function well.The juice was OK, made with a centrifugal juicer, so I was a little disappointed with that coz eating out and paying €5 a juice should be an experience, a masticated juice, but maybe they'll get a masticating juicer eventually.I asked for the raw noodles.Which came in a bitter sauce.The noodles were kelp, did not taste raw to me, more like uncooked regular angel hair.It had a smattering of finely chopped courgette and the odd corn kernel in it.This dish is nearly €14 and I was hungry afterwards! I asked for carrot cake to fill up on and was told it was unavailable as was the entire sweet menu except for one ice cream dish. I left feeling afraid that this place was at risk of closing soon because it just doesn't offer value.Raw food is a niche.If Sseduced wants to turn more people on to Raw food they need to offer a more inclusive menu in terms of value, nutrition and taste. The novel factor wears off quick and I wonder if their return visits will keep them floating. Please make it more fun.Drop those kelp noodles, how about spiralised noodles from veg and fruit instead? the staff where friendly but unable to help with the two questions I asked about the dishes preparation and ingredients. Early days I hope Sseduced improves into a real expression of all that's good about vegan raw food.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 21, 2013
Went again to meet some friends and it looks like the portion size's has increased:) still expensive but an improvement I guess. No vegan soap in a cafe that markets to a vegan market??!!
Updated from previous review on Monday November 11, 2013

Pros: good location, bright simple decor
Cons: not good value, unrealistic prices, most options where unavilable
Rochelle Fogg
Rochelle Fogg

Only two dishes available

2 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

There was no selection. What was awful is that I slammed into a glass door there. The owner did not have the sense to put on a decal to the entrance to the restrooms. We did not eat there because there was only raw mushroom soup and something else when we went there for an early dinner. Also, my head was ringing from the impact. My nose and face are still black and blue more than a week later.

Pros: Elegant place
Cons: No selection, Dangerous

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Sseduced: