South Indian and Sri Lankan food and eggless bakery items. Menu include rice curry, quick eats like vada and bonda, chapati with curry, biryani, dosai, and real fruit juices. Open Mon-Sat. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Sri Lankan
131 Second Cross Street, Colombo 11
Colombo, Sri Lanka 01100

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by LobkeBrasseur

cheap and yummy

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

Get the thali ( rice and curry) everything vegan except the dessert and yogurt ( curd ). Big serving and they can too up . Nothing fancy. But very busy :)

Pros: cheap, large serving

Decent little place.

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

I visited Sriyani because I was staying fairly near it. When I arrived, it was fairly busy, so I shared a table with two other people on the second floor.

I had a thali with a range of dishes. It appears to be all you can eat, with staff bringing further food around. Not that you'll need it, as the standard serve is massive.

It's vegan, other than for the raita.

I don't think that the 'moderate' price range is accurate. I paid around USD 2 for a massive meal, which included dessert and a piece of fruit.

As a non-local, be prepared to be stared at a little, and be a source of amusement if you decline cutlery (as I did) to eat like everybody else.

It's worth seeking out.

Pros: Excellent value, Decent quality
Cons: Very busy

very tasty and cheap

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2013

this place has really nice food and is a good place to relax after hectic pettah shopping!they make a really tasty black tea,and some yummy veg muffins.
they have many short eats and fresh juices

Pros: friendly staff, great juices, good food
Cons: can get busy at times

Dear Owner and Manager of Sriyani: