Sri Ganesh Restaurant

Mango lassi and vegetarian South Indian food. Relocated from 392/23-24 Soi Sukhumvit 20/1. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian

emmers
emmers

Great South Indian food

4 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2011

Agree with the previous reviewer regarding the price and the deceptively filling thali. It is inexpensive here but isn't as cheap as it could be so I don't think it's a one carrot place. I had the set thali for 179 baht - really tasty, fresh and extremely filling with a great selection of subji, soups and a sweet including breads and rice - would recommend this if you go here. It's a very humble place, mom and pop style set up, just two tile-floored rooms separated by white-washed walls and a tv playing in the corner. So although the food was great, it could be a little cheaper considering the setting. Anyway, I'll be back for sure - a really nice little find in the busy Sukhumvit area of Bangkok.

Pros: Authentic South Indian food, Filling and tasty
Cons: Service/setting could be improved
Krsnamayi
Krsnamayi

simple surprise

3 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2009

Sri Ganesh restaurant is a simple place. The decor is not fancy, and the meals are served in a simple manner, but the food is great.

It definately isn't a one carrot place, dishes range from 60-100 bhat, with a Thali for 150, plus 10% service charge.

We opted for the Thali, or set indian meal, which consisted of rice, 3 different vegetable preperations, sambar (south indian soup), rasam (another type of south indian soup), yogurt, chutney, pickle, one chappati, one pappadam, and a sweet. The servings of the dishes seemed ridiculously small, and we were a little disappointed up it's arrival...but it was very deceiving. I couldn't even finish my meal, and gave the rest of mine to my huge husband who walked out seriously full.

I definately would return again.

Pros: quiet, very tasty authentic Indian food, real indian cooks
Cons: 10% service charge , no ambience

Dear Owner and Manager of Sri Ganesh Restaurant: