Serves meat, veg options available. Dive bar connected to a small music venue. Eggplant turnovers, veggie chorizo, several soy meat substitutions for menu items, falafel, tempeh BLTs, etc. Menu denotes vegan items, and mentions vegetarian versions where applicable. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, wi-fi, Non-veg
3 S Broadway
Denver, Colorado 80209
720-570-4503

Open 10:30am-2am mon-fri. and 10am-2am sun. and sat.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by LinGer
DevonieMcCamey
DevonieMcCamey

hangover scramble...enough said.

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2014

the hangover scramble is delicious. try the vegan dipping sauces--roasted jalapeno is super tasty!

Emmy-Lou
Emmy-Lou

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

I absolutely LOVE this place. I eat here as often as possible, there are quite a few vegan friendly restaurants in Denver but Sputnik's is BY FAR my favorite. There are so many delicious options on their menu and most of them have the option to add meat so my carnivore friends are happy to join me there. My husband loves the pork tacos. I really love the 'Stacks of vegan power' from the brunch menu, The sweet potato fries &/or the Arepas are always great alongside any dish. I have tried all of the vegan sandwiches and they are each amazing & unique. The Mushroom Po Boy is really something special. Speaking of specials, these are always top notch as well. The winter ramen bowl is ridiculously amazing and the cold summer noodle bowl is equally as wonderful.
The staff is also a big reason I like to come here. They are always friendly & knowledgeable. One of the waiters in particular is my favorite, he always has a great recommendation for me and because of this I have found myself eating (and loving) things I maybe wouldn't have ordered otherwise.
Oh, and they have a great espresso bar last but not least. I don't drink alcohol but Im sure if I did they would be expert mixoligists.
I just cannot say enough good things about Sputnik's, from the food to the staff each time I go I am glad I did. You will be too!

Pros: Selection, Friendly staff, Cool atmosphere
Cons: parking
bribong
bribong

first impression

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

The food was amazing! I had gotten the summer noodle bowl with tofu and it was beyond what I had expected. The atmosphere was very relaxed but the server was prompt, polite, and informative about the food. I most definitely will be returning. Another huge pro is they have just a many meat options, my spouse has a hard time going full veggie so its nice that you can go there with others and not feel limited.

Pros: great food, relaxed atmosphere, wide options
Cons: not great parking

juliotnunes
juliotnunes

Sputnik

3 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

Has a fair amount of vegan options to chose from. I had the falafel wrap which has a bit of a spice to it. Very good.

The service was quick. The atmosphere was a bar/ diner. The crowd was mainly punkish/tatoo. The bar/ diner has a dj, but not sure what nights they perform.

If you are looking for a quiet place to eat this is not the place to be, but for the bar goers, this is the place to be. Art for sale, seating in a diner setting or at the bar.

Pros: Inexpensive , Quick service
Cons: Loud, Noisy
VeganET
VeganET

Good/Cheap Food

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2011

Sputnik is a nice change of pace to Watercourse (my usual hang-out when I go to Denver). It has a charming hipster/dive atmosphere. The portions are pretty small but satisfying. Most items on their menu are around $5-7 so you really can't go wrong. My mom and I were the only people in this place without tattoos but we still got great service ;) I recommend the falafel wrap.

Cinnamonn
Cinnamonn

Perfect for weekend breakfast!

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2011

The vegan breakfast food is amazing! I had 'The Hangover' veganized with vegan chile and chorizo and it was delicious. I saw so many other great things on the menu it was hard to decide. I'll definitely be going back to try out more.

Pros: Lots of vegan options!, Tasty Food, Friendly Staff
ogonzoo
ogonzoo

we Love Sputnik

4 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2010

My wife, daughter and I eat there on a regular basis and continue to enjoy the selection of vegan options they offer. Good food and a great staff. Plus great coffee! Cheers.

Pros: cheap, great staff, truely vegan friendly
Cons: not enough tables at peak times
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Not for me...

2 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2010

Sputnick was the last place I ate during my recent trip to Denver and I think it's safe to say that I will not be going back to this restaurant during my upcoming Denver trips - I almost wish I didn't eat there at all. This restaurant is the typical hipster/hippie restaurant with the strange art on the walls with the hipster/hippie crowd that goes along with it. I usually like these places because they generally make some good food, but not Sputnick's. I ordered the vegan TLT (tempeh, lettuce, tomato) and it was just bad. The tempeh was too thick and too flavorless and the vegan mayo tasted just plain weird. The tempeh was so bad that I actually had to take all of it off of my sandwich. Maybe this whole situation could have been fixed had the waitress come to our table (at least once) to see how things were and maybe replace the bad sandwich with a better one, but the fact of the matter is that she didn't. I do not recommend this place.

LinGer
LinGer

Great, funky place

4 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2010

In my life Sputnik's is 5 stars all the way around. A great place to catch an after work beer and bite to eat. A fun place for brunch - with or w/o mimosas. We're too old to hang out there late night...

Sputnik's recently changed their menu around and now offer more vegan breakfast options -- they added scrambled tofu. Add in polite staff, interesting local artwork, and fair prices for an experience that'll bring you back.

Pros: Food tastes great, Atmosphere, Full service bar
Cons: Limited seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Sputnik: