Sprouts Natural Foods Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Has turkey & tuna. Use lots of cheese in dishes but are happy to accommodate vegans. Soups are made fresh daily and are always vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Juice-bar, Cash-Only, Non-veg

First Review by kmdavenport
Veganrapunzel
Veganrapunzel

ehhhh

3 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

Well the menu was small and it was pretty yummy but the staff was not friendly. All soups are vegan. They offer things like burritos salads and bowls.

Pros: yummy food, good options, prices are fair
Cons: staff, small menu
lstorey2
lstorey2

Good Food

3 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2012

Stopped in here on recent trip to Tahoe and had dinner. Food was good but assume since we are Vegan the cheese that comes on most dishes is what really lends the flavor. I would eat there again but it just didnt quite live up to many other Vegan places I have eaten.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Healthy, Helpful
GinzoPig
GinzoPig

Worth the drive

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2012

Coming from the Vegan wasteland of Reno, my wife and I were overjoyed to discover this fresh and upbeat little berg. The staff is friendly and vibrant. Couldn't get a tempeh burger, however, as on both occasions we visited, they had not found a new supplier. Wife isn't Vegan, but raved about her carcass burger. The food was excellent as were the drinks. The Vegan Black Bean soup was so good (a side came with my order) that after finishing our meal, we both ordered a full bowl.

Pros: Vibrant Staff, Open air seating, Vegan options
Cons: No Vegan cheese
Happy Squirrel
Happy Squirrel

Get a Bowl after Boardin'

4 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

After a tiring day of snowboarding on the mountain their Cadillac Bowl - made vegan - totally hit the spot! They understand vegan and can make a lot of their dishes to accommodate. A great way to start the day, too, with fresh juices, wheat grass and other vegan fuel for a day on the mountain. The crew was cool, too. If it was walking distance to our hotel, i would of eaten here more!

Pros: They totally "get" vegan, friendly, fast 'n cheap
Cons: a drive from most hotels & resorts, and they do serve animal flesh
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

Good restaurant

4 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2011

This place gets super busy at times.. we went early in the morning to avoid crowds and got a vegan wrap, it was pretty good. We'd go back if we go to Tahoe again.

sparkley_vegan
sparkley_vegan

yummy!

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2011

The people at Sprouts are very friendly. i had their hummus and couscous taco - it was so different from anything i have ever had before, and was so yummy! i also tried their chili which was delicious. The only downside was that the restaurant isn't completely vegetarian. However, they are very accommodating to vegans and vegetarians. i love this place and will be back again!!

Pros: great location, unique food, vegan options
Cons: not completely vegetarian
moopiggy
moopiggy

Delish

4 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2010

Had a vegan tempeh burger here that was delicious. Many of the items on the menu have meat or cheese, but theres also a lot of veg options. When I was ordering my tempeh burger, I told the girl that I was vegan, and she accomodated me easily and knew all the right things to tell me (honey mustard has real honey, the avocado has no sour cream, the bread has dairy so would you like it on a bagel). The employees here are very knowledgeable about veganism and all the food tasted great. My friends had a turkey club sandwich that they thought was great too.

Brianne
Brianne

Best place to eat in Tahoe

4 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2009

The food at Sprouts is delicious, I have had almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. I will drive to Tahoe just to eat here. My favorite things are the quesadilla and the rice bowl cadillac.

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Value, Friendly Staff
Cons: Only Takes Cash
scubaboles
scubaboles
  • raw

Pleasent Surprise

4 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2009

Unable to access happycow.net we stumbled upon this place accidentaly driving by. The staff was freindy and happy folks. If you sit at the bar you are able to see the staff prepare the foods. Being Vegan I got the Soup De Jour which was great. My husband got the Turkey Melt. The melt was a large portion and he enhjoyed it. Reasonably priced. Small, quaint, and warm enviroment.

Pros: friendly, warm atmosphere, relaxed atmosphere
Imuse
Imuse
  • raw

I simply LOVE sprouts

4 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2009

This place is awesome.. the guy who owns it is friendly as can be and you can tell he treats his staff well . I love eating here, the food is great -- I HIGHLY recommend it to EVERYONE!

lauriesny
lauriesny

Delicious, Fresh Food in Folksy Type Restaurant

4 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2007

Enjoyed a tempeh burger piled high with raw veggies like shredded carrots, purple cabbage. onions. Imbibed on a peach smoothie, which was terrific. Order at the counter. Help friendly. Casual place. Not a busy season but quite filled with others who appreciate healthful cuisine. Friends had a stuffed burrito and mushroom burger. All were happy and would come back.

Pros: Nutritious, Delicious
Cons: Wooden Tables, Have to order up front, Tiny Bathroom
kmdavenport
kmdavenport

Yummy Food, Too Bad It's Not Organic

3 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2007

I enjoyed eating here! The carrot-ginger juice was awesome, and the veggie burger rocked my husband's world.

I was disappointed that none of the food is organic, however. I could tell the difference between the salad I had here and the one I had at Freshies. The tomatoes were flavorless.

Still, with the lack of many other choices, you could do a lot worse than this place. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is upbeat.

Pros: friendly staff, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Sprouts Natural Foods Cafe: