Part of market chain. Stocks both conventional as well some orgnic and natural products. Has vitamins, bulk foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, soy products, natural make-up and hair products. The deli food is mostly meat stuff, though. more-less
3365 E Tropicana Ave (Pecos)
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121

whosmeggyn
  • herbivore

Great Selection

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2011

It's always SO tempting to purchase outside of my list in this place. I love this location along with the one on rainbow. Best market.

Pros: Selection, Vegan Products, Health Section
Cons: Location (far)

this is MY store

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

This is the grocery store I call home. The produce is very cheap, especially when on sale. I get my greens here for less than a dollar-- collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, spinach, kale. I get pears for 67 cents a pound when they're on sale. Many other amazing deals like this regularly occur. I also buy bulk TVP and wheat gluten. On the other hand, the cashiers are generally grumpy or nonchalant.

Pros: cheap
Cons: cashiers
veganinvegas
veganinvegas

Seems to be changing

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2008

There does seem to be a lot less of vegan foods now than before. Especially frozen packaged items. For instance, they no longer carry frozen vegan cheese pizza and a lot of the Amy's vegan products.

The organic produce department is very small compared to the conventional produce. When something is on sale - grab it! I do like the fact that they carry Organic Valley soymilk. It's something else besides Silk (which I refuse to buy).

I have been after them for almost 9 months now to carry soy whipped cream - I guess they don't read customer feedback forms.

It is indeed "Whole Foods meets Food4Less" but at least it's better than nothing.

Pros: cheaper prices than Whole Foods, larger selection than regular stores, GREAT music over the loudspeakers
Cons: less variety than before, greater attention to customer requests
  • veganinvegas veganinvegas

8/09 update: Organic Valley soymilk is now GONE. Bulk organic herbs are gone. I am now spending less than $100/visit compared to $300+/visit. The manager does NOT seem to care about retaining vegan customers!..
    4/09 UPDATE: Now half the bulk organic aisle is gone. What used to be double sided is now just a single side of organic bulk bins. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS STORE? 3/09 UPDATE: They finally started carrying soy whipped cream after almost a year of my weekly customer suggestions. BUT FOR ONLY 2 WEEKS and now its gone. Also stopped carrying VEGAN carob chips. All baking chocolate/chips are Nestle/non vegan. More and more of the vegan products are disappearing. The manager does NOT seem to care about retaining vegan customers!..

• veganinvegas veganinvegas

12/09 UPDATE: For some strange reason, they carry make-up but NOT mascara. I am not going to mention ANY more vegan products by name, for fear they too will be discontinued. Weekly spending is now around $75 with no cutting back on my part - they just don't carry as many vegan products. And I am still waiting for ANY management response. Even sent messages to corporate office but still no response.

5/10 update.
    Maybe 5-10% of the items are vegan. Organic Valley soy milk is gone. I now go in just to buy bulk organics, produce (ONLY if it's on sale) and that's it.

After trying to contact them for over a year, I finally got a response from management. Store mgr sent me an email to tell me to basically "go away", when I tried responding, I discovered he had blocked my email and I couldn't respond.

What kind of store manager does this if they want to keep customers?

ElaineVigneault
ElaineVigneault

Whole Foods meets Food For Less

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2008

I used to live right around the corner from this place and I liked shopping there for veg foods. The "poor man's Whole Foods" is an apt description. It's not a mom-and-pop natural food store, it's not a hippy co-op, but it's not a huge, sleek, rich chain, either.

Pros: prices, veg-friendly selection
Cons: meat
cgriffing
cgriffing

love it!

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2008

I like to call Sunflower Market the "poor man's Whole Foods." Here we can get our basic soy foods items for far less than at Whole Foods, such as soy yogurt, tofurkey, tofu, veggie burgers, soy milk, etc. Items are fairly priced and there are lots of natural/organic options. The produce section always has a nice selection and is generally nice and fresh, but sometimes not so great. There is a mediterranean bar where you can buy different kinds of olives, artichokes, marinated red peppers, etc. We are vegan, but vegetarian friends like their selection of international cheeses and the like. Their beer and wine selection is also very good. Sadly there is not much of a prepared foods section, but if you just want a vegan friendly grocery store with lower prices, look no further!

Pros: clean, lots of vegan products, fair prices
Cons: no prepared foods, sell meat, no henderson locations:)
JSH
JSH
  • non-vegetarian

fantastic store!

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2008

I LOVE this store and shop there several times a week. Especially their bulk food section where I buy all kinds of things. Some reviewers complained about rancid nuts, but I buy nuts there all the time and have never had bad ones. Their produce is great and cheap. Definately miss this store when I go away for the summer.

Pros: bulk food, good cheap produce, health food
Cons: more expensive on some basic items
Terri
Terri

Sunflower Market Overrated

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2007

Sunflower Market has a large variety of vitamin supplements but many of them are more expensive than in other similar stores. Their produce is good with reasonable prices as is their selection of seafood. However, their ready-made salads such as chicken and tuna salad prices are outrageous - usually $7.99 or $8.99 per pound. I only buy them when they are on sale at about half price. The cashiers are usually indifferent - nowhere near as pleasant and friendly as at Trader Joe's where customers are made to feel at home. On rare occasion, a Sunflower Market cashier will smile and be pleasant but this is unusual even though my husband and I shop there weekly. We are careful to check the cash register tape because on several occasions, the sale price was not entered and we were charged full price for items. Once we were charged $10.50 for an item that we did not even buy. When the cashiers are informed of their error, they refund our money but there is no apology given. I once wrote to their office and received a nice letter and full apology from one of their executives. However, they need to train their staff to provide better customer service and to have better attitudes.

• cgriffing cgriffing

I'm not sure it matters how overpriced their meat salads are, considering this is a veggie website. I'm just sayin'.

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2007

Moved here recently, was surprised to find such a great store just down the street. Did most of my shopping at Whole Foods, but now that I've found Sunflower - this is where I call home. Great prices, good selection of fruits and veggies.

Pros: close to home, prices are good, good selection

Great place to shop!

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2007

I love the Sunflower Market! Better prices than going to other health food stores and yet they are stocked with a lot of variety. Lots of products, good sales, great produce, very clean.

archure
archure

My Favorite

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2006

Sunflower is much cheaper than Whole Foods or Wild Oats, and Sunflower has a better (yet incomplete) selection of vegan vitamins. The lettuce is funky (very funky), no such thing as a ripe avocado, the bin foods have rancid nuts (I told them long ago, verbally and in writing, but no one does anything about it), but some non-nut bin foods are OK, they do have lots of good vegan items, and at least half of them are pleasant enough. By goods and services, they are better than the rest; by Prices, they are far better than the rest. If you want good veggies in Las Vegas, go to Chi-na-tOWn Ranch 99 Market. But Sunflower is close, cheap, has most of what I need, its my FAVORITE.

Pros: bin nuts rancid, letuce very funky, no ripe avacados ever
Cons: low prices, better vegan selections, some vegan vitamins

Dear Owner and Manager of Sprouts -Tropicana: