Vitamins, bulk foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, organic foods, vegan options, mockmeats, soy products, organic beer and wine, vegan make-up and hair products, deli and more. Previously named Sunflower. more-less
7725 Wadsworth Blvd (77th)
Arvada, Colorado 80003

Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan

Less than Impressed

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

I have to say, I want to love Sprouts, I really do, but I just can't. The store sits in what used to be Sunflower Market, and I miss them. They had a fairly good selection of organic produce, but Sprouts does not. Far from it, in fact, and much of what they do have comes packaged on styrofoam and shrink wrapped. Yuck. Yuck on so many levels.

That said, they are a decent sized store with a large variety of vegan/vegetarian friendly foods. I just happen to be someone who likes to eat mostly whole, organic foods.

The one thing they do have going for them is that they are open later than the other local health food type stores (Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage) so on those rare occasions when I just have to have an Amy's frozen pizza with my RedBox movie, they are my go-to.

Pros: Open later than most, Variety of veggie convenience foods
Cons: Poor organic produce selection, Less than friendly employees

Dear Owner and Manager of Sprouts Farmers Market: