Sprouts Farmers Market -...

Vitamins, bulk foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, organic foods, vegan options, mockmeats, soy products, organic beer and wine, vegan make-up and hair products, deli and more. Previously named Sunflower. more-less

First Review by NewB
Evolving
Evolving

Inexpensive Produce

4 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

Sprouts is a nice store for most things.

I like catching the sushi chef there for custom made vegan sushi!

Marked bins for organic produce.

Pros: Inexpensive Produce
Cons: part health store but part 'regular' store
Spottie
Spottie

Don't miss Sunflower for produce

4 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2009

Sunflower has a wide selection of produce and great prices - they are even cheaper than *gasp* walmart on produce. The organic produce is separate from the non-organic produce. Everything is kept very clean and attractive. If you need help the employees are quite friendly. There is a moderate selection of veg*n frozen foods and canned foods. There are also baked goods, an olive bar, supplements, a good sized bulk food area, prepared foods, and wines.

The canned goods and frozen foods are a bit high for my pocketbook - but if you are in a pinch they do have them. The bulk foods reasonably priced, but you can't beat the produce prices.

Pros: great produce, friendly staff, large bulk area
Cons: small canned area, higher non-produce prices, frozen foods could be larger
Mimi710
Mimi710

mixed selections

3 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2008

I was here in December 2006. I was excited to check out this place after hearing about it from my Aunt. The inside is pretty big (but not huge like Berkeley Bowl in Berkeley or Rainbow Grocery in San Francisco - though I hadn't been to these places at the time that I went to Sunflower). I thought it was cool that these places are owned by the same people that own Wild Oats (before they got bought out by Whole Foods), but I was sad to see non-organic produce in with the regular produce and Kimberly Clark products (Kleenex) on the shelf in the household section. K-C clearcuts the Boreal Forest in Canada for a large amount of their worldwide fiber needs, and Kleenex tissues are made with 100% virgin fibers. I pretty much almost cried when I saw that on their shelves. And I wanted to write the manager a letter about that - which I never did do, but yea. It's a good store if you on vacay in ABQ and need some health foods, but it's not like shopping at a real health food store. We did buy some amazing wild rice there however.

Pros: sells health food, good that this is in ABQ
Cons: sells conventional household products
NewB
NewB

Limited choices

3 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2008

The only Health Food store near Rio Rancho. Has some Vegan choices but is limited. Several vegetarian choices. Their shining star is their produce selection!

Pros: Produce, location, some vegan selections
Cons: not enough vegan items

Dear Owner and Manager of Sprouts Farmers Market - Corrales: