Sprout Natural Choice

Opened June 2014, this natural and vegetarian food cafe offers a variety of salads, wraps, sandwiches, smoothies, fresh juices, and desserts. Choose from its menu or customize your salad or wrap. Protein of choice include tofu, seitan, falafel, hummus & avocado spread. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by TofuLover1997
ohemgee
ohemgee

Yum..

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

I went here with my BF after hearing great things. We were both pleasantly surprised at how yummy the food was. I got the philly cheezsteak and he ordered a BBQ paninni along with a berry smoothie. They were both delicious and much healthier versions than you would expect! Btw - my BF is not vegan and he loved the sandwich (ordered with vegan cheese).

Pros: healthy options, fresh juice/smoothie made to order, tons of vegan options
Cons: parking on weekends
TofuLover1997
TofuLover1997

Inedible Salad and Poor Hygienic Practices

2 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

I have several complaints about Sprouts. I spent $11 on a ‘create your own’ salad and the product was clearly not worth this. As I was picking out ingredients, I witnessed the employee behind the counter take out a bag of lettuce (Andy Boy, in case you’re wondering) that I know clearly states that the greens within it need to be washed before consumption. He chopped in up and threw it in the container without washing. I chose beets, tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers as my mix-ins; the beets were processed, limp, and inedible and the tomatoes were visible bruised. The tofu, which was an additional $2, was uncooked with a sickly sweet bbq sauce poured over it. Worst was the balsamic vinaigrette dressing – which tasted syrupy sweet and was clearly mass-produced, something you could have bought at Walmart. The overly familiar employee called me ‘honey’ and ‘girlie’ multiple times.

I would not have a problem with most of this except for the claim that Sprout puts out in its marketing. Fresh? Obviously not, because almost all of the ingredients were of processed and factory-produced quality. Healthy? No, judging by the sugar content of my salad and produce that remains unwashed and coated with pesticide. I do appreciate the effort to make available vegan and vegetarian options, but clearly the result is unsatisfactory, over-priced, and dishonest.

Cons: Quality of food, Hygiene

Dear Owner and Manager of Sprout Natural Choice: