Spring - Heping East Road

All-you-can-eat vegetarian buffet,600 NTD for dinner for an adult. Lunch, afternoon tea/meal, and dinner. Serves veggie version of Japanese sushi, (complete with wasabi), steamed Xiao Mmai delicacies and many Western style desserts. Large spread includes hot and cold food, made-to-order noodle soups, desserts, coffee, tea, and more. Dairy and egg items are labeled (in Chinese). Chinese name 春天素食, address 台北市和平東路一段177號3樓. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Taiwanese, Buffet
3F, 177, Sec. 1, Heping East Road, Daan District (Taipower Building)
Taipei, Taiwan
02-2393-0288

First Review by Coolman7528
nausicaa
nausicaa

Something for everyone

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2015

My parents represent the opposite sides of the spectrum - she likes salads and simply sauteed greens, he likes everything seasoned and hearty. This buffet really offers a great variety for both of them. What made mom happy was the fresh salad bar including different kinds of sprouts, and the possibility to specially order fresh vegetable dishes like loofah squash and asparagus; Dad loved (and sampled) everything else. Especially for out-of-towners like me who don't live in cities with Chinese vegetarian restaurants, I was particularly excited and sated by the radish cakes and vegetarian dumplings. In addition to everything laid out on the counters, they came by offering other delicious things on carts, including a broth of burdock root served in a teapot, which was light and flavorful. For the variety and quality, I would say it was worth the price.

Don't let the exterior dissuade you - they seem to be in the midst of upgrades and the storefront looks like a construction site. Just head up the elevator as usual.

Pros: variety, healthy options, tasty
Cons: not cheap, too much temptation, best if you know chinese
cookiem
cookiem

Plentiful plates pre-made and prepared for you

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2014

If you like buffets and are a veg*n, this is one for the journey to Taipei. It feels expensive, but, any buffet that is all you can eat will need to charge a lot to make up for what is wasted. Here, I feel that I wasted very little. There is almost nothing I didn't like, because the food looks like what it should taste like.

My favorite part of this buffet is that you can order Chinese vegetables freshly sauteed/ wok fried, and they will bring it to your table! At first, I felt bad, but then, I got over it - if I'm paying the cost of this higher end buffet, then I will order and eat whatever is offered.

There is an excellent salad ingredients spread here, too. Quite impressive. Lots of fresh fruit. Plenty of dessert, but, who has room when you've eaten your weight in food…? Fruit is the best choice to finish it up.

Go hungry, leave feeling like you won't need to eat for at least 24 hours. Thus, cost justified.

Pros: Made to order veggies, Many many choices, Dairy/egg labels
Cons: All you can eat, Not 100% vegan
Marenka
Marenka

Wouldn't have guessed from outside what an excellent experience

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

They had so many dishes that you couldn't possibly try all of them! (Did my best, though :) ) There is something for everyone, with faux meat, vegetable dishes, stir-fries, salads. They even have vegan desserts!

If you are vegan, before going you should learn the Chinese characters for milk and egg. After that it's easy to spot those vegan delicacies.

It's a bit hard to find for a foreigner, but just believe the address although in the elevator lobby it looks like a residential building.

Pros: lots of high quality vegan options, not too pricey, dairy and egg labeled
Cons: little English, not vegan, so you have to be careful

Chia
Chia

Very large buffet spread

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2010

Was here in November 2010 and am pleased to share my review on HappyCow. My husband and I were looking for a vegetarian restaruant in Taipei for lunch, and my aunt, who lives here, brought us to this Spring location. It's all you can eat buffet on the 3rd floor of a plain looking buidling from the outside. If I had been walking by and not paying attention to signage, I would have walked right by it!

The inside is quite large with lots of round tables. The buffet spread is large with different areas for different kinds of food: salad bar, stir frys, soups, steamed dumplings, desserts, drinks. The servers also would bring out new foods in carts and wheel them to your table to ask if you'd like what's being offered.

Overall, the food was all very good. I probably ate too much. Cost was NT500 per adult.

Pros: large spread, mostly vegan, egg & dairy items labeled in Chinese
Cons: space could be brighter, more upbeat, I ate too much
SteveAndPeggy
SteveAndPeggy

Nice place...

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2010

But the smell of the stinky tofu they have there can also be a bit overbearing to some....

Pros: Eat till you drop
Cons: Eat till you drop
Coolman7528
Coolman7528

Go there for Hi-Tea & U'll never regret!

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2009

Went there for Hi-Tea on my last trip to Taiwan, I would say that if you are going to have Hi-Tea there, you can forget about your lunch & dinner cos the varieties there, you will definitely eat alot & of cos the dessert & cakes there, you'll never regret that you didn't have your lunch cos its go'g to fill you real up with their wide assortment of food! REally spoilt for choice!! But the thing I don't like is its always full of people!! No reservation, sorry, they have to turn you away!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Spring - Heping East Road: