Vegetarian Chinese restaurant serves stir fry tofu dishes, rice, soups and more with a large variety of vegan options. Some dishes are garnished with eggs, so please ask to omit. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out
186 Prince St (Grafton St)
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
902-566-4991

First Review by kanuk
NutmegTardis
NutmegTardis

Spelndid for diners of all kinds.

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2014

I was overwhelmed (In an excellent way) when I looked at all of the vegan options on the menu. I felt bad for my dining buddy because I took so long trying to choose what to order. My dining buddy was my roommate who is a meat eater but she loved it and plans on bringing her meat eating boyfriend at some point. We both loved our meals and I hope to bring my visiting parents here on Saturday. Fantastic restaurant!

Pros: Huge selection, Meat eating companions won't miss meat, Excellent Prices
Cons: You will want to order one of everything, Limited hours, Iced tea was sweeter than expected
Kirsh
Kirsh

A favourite restaurant

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2014

Excellent restaurant, well laid out, with good food and enjoyable atmosphere, having spent time in Hong Kong, I found this Taiwanese food slightly different, but very tasty. Excellent service by two young Chinese ladies, who were very friendly.

Pros: Good food, Excellent service, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Parking on meters
jjd77
jjd77

from a Regular

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2014

Love this place. The black pepper soy nuggets are amazing! And the sweet and sour soy nugget dish is pretty awesome too. Lots of vegan options; generous portions, ok price. Eat here almost weekly.

Pros: delicious food, vegan options, black pepper soy nuggets!
Cons: price is a little high, but worth it!, not open on Sundays

kanuk
kanuk

Nutritious and Delicious

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

A must in Charlottetown if you are vegan or vegetarian, this Asian restaurant offers a good variety of traditional dishes that use soy-based faux meats.

Priced fairly and generous portions. If eating alone, rather than family-style, order regular size dishes and likely limit yourself to two choices unless you are able to take the surplus home.

I ordered the Cha Siu Bao (veggie BBQ buns), the Mapo Tofu, and the Dry-Sautéed String Beans (my favourite).

I complemented my copious meal with fresh ginseng tea (very yummy).

The service was attentive yet discreet. My server was very pleasant and efficient.

This vegan business traveller is definitely satisfied!

Pros: Friendly service, Good food, Excellent value

Dear Owner and Manager of Splendid Essence: