Serves meat, veg options available. Offers many vegan items from the Green Zone menu including mashed potatoes w/ coconut milk, grilled or fried ripe plantains, tofu fries, tofu and bean stew, and much more. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Caribbean, Jamaican, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by EricPosch
LaurieM
LaurieM

Best vegan on the front range!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2014

I've traveled across this country and I will say this food is delicious! I will be coming back with my family!!

Pros: Great taste , Good price, Vegetarian chefs
taraep
taraep

Tasty food but you'll wait for it

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

I've been here a few times and the food is always good. The staff understands what vegan means and the menu even states that anything in the "green zone" is made with Earth Balance. This makes ordering a breeze. The problem, however, is the service. The popularity of the place has grown but the staff has not. There is usually only two people covering the whole place and that just is not enough. We waited fifteen minutes without even being acknowledged before just walking out the last time we went. The staff, while friendly, shows no sense of urgency when they have customers waiting all over the place. They just seem over their heads. If you are going here, be prepared for it to take a while.

Pros: Good food, Well labeled menu
Cons: SLOW service
MammaKoz
MammaKoz

Delicious vegan comfort food.

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

This restaurant is just around the corner from the Antlers Hilton. The menu has lots of vegan options, and they're really good. I had some fantastic jerk tofu, vegan mashed potatoes, vegan cornbread, and plantains. It's the best vegan comfort food I've found in a while. If you're looking for vegan food with flavor, this is worth your time. The people were also really great.

Pros: Lots of vegetarian/vegan options, Really nice people

Jeff M
Jeff M

A little slice of Jamaica

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

Spice Island Grill was a really enjoyable experience. Everyone was extremely friendly, the food was great, and it really did take me back to vacationing in Jamaica. They have several veg/vegan options on the menu. Vegans will need to check what has dairy before the order because there was dairy in a few thing I wouldn't have expected such as the brown rice. My wife and I got a sampler platter with tofu fries, fried plantains, and fried sweet potatoes - all were delicious. We also ordered the tofu and chickpea curry and the ackee sauté as our main meals and both were flavorful treats.

Try their ginger lemonade if you like the taste of fresh spicy ginger - it was addictively good!

Pros: Ginger Lemonade, Separate veg section on menu
Cons: Serves meat
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Great Vegan Options, Delicious Food

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

Prior to eating at Spice Island Grill I had been disappointed with the vegan offerings at Jamaican restaurants even though they usually seem promising. Not the case at Spice Island Grill. The food was excellent and there were many options. My husband and I split the jerk tofu (spicy and delicious), vegan mashed potatoes (made w/Earth balance and coconut milk), sauteed ackee (a Jamaican fruit stir fried with tomatoes and other veggies), plantains, and ginger beer. It was all fabulous, and there were other things I would have liked to try on their Green Zone menu, such as the tofu and chickpea Jamaican curry. I will definitely return if I visit Colorado Springs again.

Pros: Delicious Food, Good selection of vegan options, Nice staff
EricPosch
EricPosch

Terrific veg*n options, but a bit pricey

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2013

I tried this place after seeing them on here, and have ordered from them several times since on Gowaiter. Their food is delicious, and with their "Green zone" menu, they offer a bunch of vegan options. The food is very tasty, and 100% authentic Jamaican. The problem is that the prices are fairly moderate - $12-15 a dish on average for an entree, and ~$7 for appetizers - with portions that don't blow your mind. A couple dishes I've ordered I've definitely felt disappointed with the price to portion ratio.
Overall, though, I'd recommend paying them a visit. The food is delicious, they cater very well to veg*ns, and the waitstaff are all very pleasant.

Pros: Delicious food, Many veg*n options, Friendly staff
Cons: Somewhat $$, Portions smaller than you'd expect

Dear Owner and Manager of Spice Island Grill: