Sparkroot

Established in fall 2011 this is a coffee bar that also serves food, wine and beer. Offers a selection of veggie and vegan breakfast items, appetizers, sandwiches, and salads. Blue Bottle brand coffee. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out
245 E Congress St (downtown)
Tucson, Arizona 85701
520 272 8949

Open Mon-Sat 7am-10pm. Sun 8am-9pm.

First Review by amarello
chrunchyAlien
chrunchyAlien

gorgeous!!!

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

the coffee was very good (they have real coffee not american!xD), the oatmeal with fresh fruits was just delicious and the salad with quinoa was gorgeous (as well the staff) - all I ate was vegan.
I really liked the atmosphere there, very nice/cool place to hang out..

deannafitzgerald
deannafitzgerald

Grilled Cheese for Grown Ups

5 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2013

My partner and I love this place, especially when we are attending an event downtown. We go early and enjoy gourmet grilled cheese and a glass of wine or beer. Their coffee isn't my favorite, but everything else leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy inside. I love the double cream brie, apple, walnut and fig jam sandwich with a Pinot Noir and my partner usually does a "create your own" with Welsh Cheddar, avocado and some other things I can't remember, with a beer. Somebody complained about their portions, but I think their portions are well worth the money as the food is rich and filling. But we like to save money too and often go during happy hour where most things are half priced. The staff is always friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. Free wi-fi too.

Pros: grown up comfort food, relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

lovely

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

The space is modern, airy and bright while still being warm and comfortable. Very sweet staff. We had espresso, homemade lemonade, toast and oatmeal. All of it was great!

zaphod
zaphod

BITTER COFFEE

2 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2012

You would think a coffee shop would make good coffee... but if you went here, you would be wrong. I tried their "blend" and it was too bitter to drink. I talked to the person that made it, and she tried to explain that it was strong... I LOVE strong coffee (living in New Orleans is good for strong, smooth coffee - just skip the Chicory), but this stuff was BITTER. She made me a single origin roast, and it was better but still very bitter... barely drinkable. It reminds me of Dunkin Donuts coffee.

We also had the oatmeal, which was OK, but a bit soft (overcooked), and they were skimpy with it, too. They only had almond and soy milk (no rice milk).

Pros: Location, Interior, Wifi
Cons: Bitter Coffee, Small serving, Overpriced
AudreyHarry
AudreyHarry

Unique

4 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2012

I have gotten coffee an iced tea several times here while killing time downtown. I love the mason jars for cold drinks.

The menu looks awesome- granola, fancy grilled cheese, kale chips! This is a perfect hip spot to take out of town guests while seeing the sights. They also have a neat flip around ipad that lets you add a tip, pay, and sign with no paper.

Pros: Location, Artsy
amarello
amarello

Nice downtown spot

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2012

Brought to you by the owner of Xoom Juice (our local smoothie shop where everything can be vegan). Small, but good, selection of beer and wine that is VERY reasonably priced. I had some wonderful kale chips, bruschetta, and hummus; my omni boyfriend enjoyed his sandwich (they have one with vegan cheese!). Everything is vegetarian and many are vegan (menu is online). Coffee is delicious and no extra charge for non-dairy milk (there were options here too). The house-made bars were really, really good too.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
Cons: small

Dear Owner and Manager of Sparkroot: