Spa Foods - Golden Place...

Part of Spa Foods vegetarian restaurants in Bangkok. Restaurant is rather hidden behind Golden Place. Decorated in a 1970's atmosphere. Offers a unique selection of mockmeats made from textured soy protein. Prices moderate to expensive. Please confirm map marker location and let HappyCow know. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Thai, Juice bar

KoVeg
KoVeg

Great food

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

I went to this place last year and I was not sure about the quality at first. The place was empty, just us. But a friendly staff welcome us.
They have extensive selection of Thai veg dishes and we ended up with ordering a lot! But all came out do delicious and some of them were almost like real meat! Even my carnivore friend loved it!!
The place is big and can accommodate many people, I just feel that this place stays and serves great veg meal forever!

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious Thai veg
Cons: Feeling of coziness (big place)
sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Huge menu, great mock meats!

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2010

I went with a big group, so got to try many dishes. It took me forever to decide what to get because the menu is quite extensive. The food was really yummy and arrived quite quickly.

I recommend the green curry, flat noodles with fried "chicken", and especially the Chiang Mai noodles!

The price was reasonable--the average cost was under $4 and we all split a few appetizers, got one entree and one dessert each.

Pros: Wide selection, Yummy mock meat, Fast service
jort38
jort38

Second year visit

5 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2008

We have visited this restaurant (a bit diner style) in 2007 and were a bit surprised that the location (behind Golden Palace) coukd attract customers. Food is fast and surprisingly good and low priced.
This year, right from the airport, we went again and it was still there. Menu seems unchanged and the food quality still perfect. They have my favourite dish: Sum Tam (spicy papaya salad), but they donot serve sticky rice.
Prices are still low, especially compared to the vegetarian cottage, wich is part of the same chain.

Pros: price, taste, style
Cons: No sticky rice, location

Dear Owner and Manager of Spa Foods - Golden Place Rama 9: