Soy Vida - Barrio Esmeralda

Operated by a Seventh-Day Adventist physician. Offers 3 different set lunches which vary each day. Holidays open 9am-5pm. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Take-out, Colombian

DearNoodles
DearNoodles

Awful service, nice food

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2016

We went to the restaurant with my mum. We went by bike. The cashier, who is the first person you meet when you get there, immediately started yelling at us not to put our bikes inside the shop. We were really hungry and we wanted to have lunch, but we didn't bring locks for the bikes, so we could't make it any further into the restaurant. There is a small table by the entrace, so we asked the lady if we could have lunch just there, so we could watch over the bikes, that we left just by the door. Of course, she said no. We decided to order and to take the food with us (there is a really nice park nearby), but the lady told us if we were taking the food with us, we'd had to pay additional $1000 pesos. We were so hungry that we didn'd care. The lunch took over 45 minutes to be served, and when we were leaving, the cashier told us that we ALSO had to pay for spoons and forks. I was so mad that I just told her I'd rather eat using my own hands than paying for the cutlery.
The food was good and plentiful, but, God, such a bad service.

Pros: Nice food, Not very expensive, Nice place
Cons: They don't allow pets in, The service could be much better
Laura Grainger
Laura Grainger

Small shopfront with a big nice restaurant behind

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2014

It's kind of an unimpressive little shop, with one table and 4 stools, some health food shop, fresh juices and bakery goods for sale. This is where the cashier is and the menus of the day (8000-10,500 for a menu of soup, main meal, tiny desert and juice....more than enough to fill you up!)
Then through a door and next to the kitchen is a beautifully decorated, bright glass-roofed dining area of the restaurant, with at least 15 spacious tables.
The food was good, and the menu I had was a veggie version of a typical Colombian dish, so I was happy. They had powdered stevia to sweeten their unsweetened juice drinks that come with the meals.
The staff were a quite detached, and we had to move our car 3 times according to the lady at the counter, but it was generally really good.

Pros: Beautiful dining area, Yummy food, Reasonable price for daily menu
Cons: Unenthusiastic staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Soy Vida - Barrio Esmeralda: