Serves meat, veg options available. Mostly Chinese food. Will accommodate special requests, like tofu substitution and omitting eggs. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Take-out, Non-veg

MmmHmmVegan
MmmHmmVegan

Hit or Miss, mostly miss

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2014

Food is hit or miss. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it makes me wish I had stayed home. The service is terrible. The last two times I've gone I was either ignored or ended up leaving. The greeter sat us, and nobody knew who was serving us but then a couple that came in about 15 minutes after we did got their drinks and order in before we were even greeted by the wait staff. The last time was the final straw. We were seated way in the back near the rest room and no one ever came to check on us for our drinks. After waiting about 20 minutes, I gave up and left. Will not be returning. The food isn't that good to put up with the terrible service.
Updated from previous review on Friday October 17, 2014

Pros: vegan options, cheap
Cons: food isn't that great, terrible wait staff, not enough people working
Birkey
Birkey

Pleasant experience

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2014

We had eaten at the Soy Noodle House last year with success and gave it another try. This year was even better than last. Still many vegan options. We had the spicy edamame appetizer again which was very good. This year we ordered some of their vegan sushi and was very surprised how good it was. We ate at one of their sidewalk tables and had a great time. The server was very knowledgeable about vegan options and service was attentive. It is funky and very casual.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Food was tasty, Funky atmosphere
Cons: A little noisy inside
KrisDuVall
KrisDuVall

Good food, nice atmosphere, nice employees

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2011

I just have to remember to tell my server that I'm vegan, and they are very helpful. Love that they have just expanded.

hippublican
hippublican

Hit or miss

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2010

I've been to Soy Noodle House twice.
The first time I had the fried tofu appetizer, which comes with a small salad. It was a perfect, light summer-time lunch.
The second time I ordered a tofu-noodle entree. It was okay. The vegetables weren't as varied or as appealing as I'd prefer and the tofu wasn't properly marinated or cooked and got mushy in the sauce very quickly. Two of the people I was with disliked their entrees so much they didn't even finish them. One of them was sick the next day.
Also, it's worth mentioning that when 2 of us at the table ordered vegan spring rolls, they were brought out to us with shrimp and chicken in them. Really gross.
The inside of the restaurant is adorable and the service isn't awful (although it certainly isn't the best or most-friendly either).
I'll probably go back again, but mostly just because Augusta lacks other choices.

Pros: numerous vegan options, cute atmosphere, moderately priced
Cons: hit or miss service, hit or miss food quality

Dear Owner and Manager of Soy Noodle House: