Serves meat, veg options available. Pescatarian (fish) and vegetarian food. Offers healthier Southern food. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Southern American, Soul food, Take-out, Non-veg

Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Almost there.

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

I've eaten there 3 times in the last 10 days. I've 8 different food items total. They were all excellent. The staff is great. The only reason that I can't bring myself to give it an excellent rating is two-fold. One - even though it's mostly vegan, and the vegan items are excellent, it's still not totally vegan, and that's one of my criteria. Two - their slogan is "Plant Based Down Home Cooking", which, to a vegan would imply that it's totally vegan restaurant, which it's not. Cheese, milk, & honey are not plant-based.

However, change your slogan to "Mostly...." and keep up the great work.

fhspd
fhspd

Excellent Veg Food

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

A great addition to the southeastern Michigan veg choices. They have a couple of fish dishes but everything is mostly vegetarian or vegan. Food is delicious. I wanted to try everything on the menu!! Good thing I brought a date so we could order lots and share. I can recommend the meatless crumble sloppy joe, the red beans & rice, the collard greens, the creamy coleslaw, the mac & cheese and the sweet potato fries. Service is very polite and attentive. Couldn't resist a slice of the sweet potato pie for desert, also very good. Can't wait to go back. The manager gave me a bonus tip - if your meat-eater friends take you next door to Beans & Cornbread instead you can get the meatless sloppy joe there too. :)

DaveW
DaveW

vegan soul food

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2013

Southern Nosh is a mostly vegetarian soul food restaurant. The night I was there they had 1 fish special. Over half the menu is vegan. I appreciated that the menu states what is vegan. Lots of great sides including collard greens and pinto beans. The entrees are made with 'soy wheat'. Their gumbo rocked! Entrees are a bit expensive but not many places you can get 'jerk grilled protein'!

Pros: lots of vegan options, vegan collards
Cons: a bit pricey, serves fish, no vegan mac & cheese

Dear Owner and Manager of Southern Nosh: