South Ceylon Restaurant

Serving Sri Lankan and South Indian meals as well as international dishes. Bakes its own brown bread and cakes. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, International, Indian, Juice bar
Yaddehimulla Road
Unawatuna, Sri Lanka
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sun 7:30am-10:00pm

First Review by Third Eye
kadoka55
kadoka55

Very good sri lankan food

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2014

I had lunch at south ceylon in a nice sitting with lots if greenery. I know they serve also western and some mexican vege dishes, but I wanted a local meal and it was very good and the portion big. It was rice flour with coconut and three different curries and gravies, very tastefull. Convinient free wi fi.

Pros: Many food options
jollypig
jollypig

Not a good experience

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2013

I don't like being negative about a veggie restaurant and I don't like to be critical about the lovely Sri Lankan people working there, but we had a pretty bad experience at the South Ceylon.

When we arrived, the British owner was firmly giving instructions to the staff (in front of customers) about what they needed to buy. We only wanted a drink and a salad, but were told that some of the ingredients weren't available. The owner went off shopping, the salads took an hour to arrive, weren't as described and we were charged extra for replacement ingredients.

I don't want to put people off going there; I'm not judging the food and I'm sure the other reviewers are correct that it's lovely. For us though, we were only in Unawatuna for a few days and with this bad experience (and the excellent Jina's a few steps away), we didn't return.

Pros: Decent menu
Cons: Friendly, but incompetent service
lotustummy
lotustummy

fantastic and cooked with love!!!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

warning.. this place is addictive!! we ate here almost every night and enjoyed every meal. The dosa and pittu were soooo good as was the enchilada. try the breakfast as well - so so good! be warned though, everything is cooked to order so things can be very very slow - dont go when you are starving!! but the wait is worth it - you can taste the love and time spent. we loved it

Pros: healthy, fresh, delicious
Cons: slow service

Third Eye
Third Eye

Best Food in Unawatuna!

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

I could not recommend this place highly enough, Great food, the best i had in Sri Lanka, we ate here three times in 3 days, really nice relaxed atmosphere, happy to accomodate for Vegans, and the staff were really friendly, If you only have time for one meal in Unawatuna, I recommend you eat here, you wont regret it.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food, Cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of South Ceylon Restaurant: