Serves meat, veg options available. Has veg broth option for soup, tofu option for the protein, noodle (rice, udon, or egg noodle) - for under $7 you can have a big bowl of vegetabley noodley soup in reusable bowls. Mall food court setting. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Asian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
320 W 5th Ave Ste 420 (downtown 5th Ave Mall food court)
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
907-278-7687

First Review by Ms. Bella
Sarah P
Sarah P

Best bet in the mall

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

Definitely the best bet in the mall. Although I only ordered a side of tofu (to supplement a meal bought elsewhere), the server offered to include the veg broth, and it was all tasty. Everything on the menu looked great, and I wished I ate a full meal from here instead of from elsewhere. I chose another place to be able to order brown rice, but I wish I had ordered the soup with rice noodles from Souper Bowl. If I have to go back to the mall, I will definitely eat at Souper Bowl and be very happy.

Pros: Tofu, veg broth, vegetables, Good value, Reusable bowls used for eat-in
Cons: It's in a mall
Dangerus
Dangerus

Great Find In A Food Court

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

As per the other reviews I was pleasantly surprised that the food so fresh and healthy. Being a vegan I was slightly skeptical about food court food but I was wrong. The food is great! The vegan sushi and spring rolls are top notch. They are as good as what you'd find at a fancy restaurant.

Pros: food quality
Cons: ambience: it's still a food court in a mall
Ms. Bella
Ms. Bella

Great vegan/veg option when in downtown Anchorage

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2009

The great chef of Souper Bowl runs a spot in the downtown food court. What a pleasant surprise. All food is fresh! I watched him chop up the avocados, fresh greens and he satisfied my intense craving for good nutritious food. I am always on the road and a good vegan meal is hard to come by but this little place wins five stars for the speed, freshness, value and convenience. I ordered the veg soup, (veg broth w/ fresh veggies and rice noodles), the california sushi and a spring veg roll. Wonderful surprise for a weary road warrior like myself...Run to this place for fresh food at a tremendous value when you are overnighting downtown. He is an honest chef because I wanted to take some fresh veg spring rolls to go but he did not recommend eating them past 3 hours. I loved his honesty and ethics. There are meat products on the menu.

Pros: downtown, fresh chopped veg, great value/portions
Cons: meat items on menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Souper Bowl: