Soup en zo - Nieuwe...

Serves meat, veg options available. A mostly to-go soups and salads place, menu is around 50% vegetarian, and there is always 1 or 2 vegan soups. Has a small bench outside. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Western, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Awesome

4 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2014

Really crowded place with no seats around. It is a warm oasis if you're visiting Amsterdam during winter.
The soup was very good and you can put some nuts to give it a boost. Very tasty.

meisterman
meisterman

Great vegan chili

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

Had vegan chili at this spot. There were at least 3 or 4 other vegan soups there to choose from.

Will definitely go back. Is a takeout place, with no seating.

Pros: Great vegan chili
Cons: Nowhere to sit
Sioh
Sioh

Lovely on a Summer's Day!

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

Good veggie options, friendly saff, OK prices. Get a take-out and head down to nearby canal intersection (towards town), sit on the bench and relax!

Andrea249
Andrea249

amazing vegan soup

4 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2013

The staff was very friendly and well informed about what is vegan and what not.
The soups all tasted absolutely amazing.We were in Amsterdam for 8 days and we loved is so much, that we ended up going twice to this place.
They usually have 2-3 freshly-made vegan soups, however they do serve meat and dairy.
If you go there late in the evening they may just have one vegan option, but the one I had was sooo good so I didn't mind at all.

Pros: fresh ingredients, always 2-3 delicious vegan options, really friendly staff
Cons: serve meat and dairy, no sitting area, only take-away
Alanna
Alanna

Soup en zo

4 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2011

The soups here seemed a little expensive to me, at about €5 for about a mugful of soup. My boyfriend and I ordered two vegan soups (there were four we could have chosen from that day - it was a hard choice as they all sounded amazing!). They were hearty and delicious, served with a fresh scone. I had a Thai-style bean soup, and my boyfriend a spinach soup. I would definitely go back. I imagine in winter it's a bit of a pain as there is only a bench outside to sit on to eat your soup. It seems like a busy little spot.

Oxygene
Oxygene

Fresh soups and sandwiches

4 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2011

Fresh and savoury soups, good sandwiches with real bread and quality ingredients.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Great soup!

4 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2010

We found this location during a bike ride and this was a perfect place to grab a small lunch. There were about 12 soups on the board and only 2 were not vegetarian. There were probably 4 vegan soups and they all sounded good. I got the tomato basil pesto soup (without the pesto because it has cheese) and found it to be very good. If you want to sit inside and eat your food, you should go to the other location, as this one doesn't have indoor seating. Otherwise there is a small bench outside where you can enjoy your soup.

saintlouisvegan
saintlouisvegan

Soup yes

3 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2009

Had a few Vegan soups, they were good, that's about it though. Close to Central Station.

Pros: knowledgable staff, inexpensive, quick
Cons: limited menu options
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Awesome vegan selection!

4 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2009

There are usually 3 vegan soups. The women who works at this location is vegan herself and very knowledgeable about the soups. The breads are not vegan. We went with small soups, lentil and cassava (AMAZING) and you can enjoy them on a little bench outside. Next time we're in Amsterdam we'll definitely get a large soup to bring back to the apartment for dinner, they both were amazing!

Pros: 3 vegan soups, cassava soup