Soup en zo - Jodenbreestraat

Serves meat, veg options available. A mostly to-go soups and salads place, menu is around 50% vegetarian, and there is always 2-3 vegan soups. Has a small bench outside. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Western, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by beetred
Andrea249
Andrea249

amazing vegan soup

4 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2013

The staff was very friendly and well informed about what is vegan and what not.
The soups all tasted absolutely amazing and. We were in Amsterdam for 8 days and we loved is so much, that we ended up going twice to this place.
They usually have 2-3 freshly-made vegan soups, howeever the do serve meat and dairy.
If you go there late in the evening they may just have one vegan option, but the one I had was sooo good so I didn't mind at all.

Pros: fresh ingredients, always 2-3 delicious vegan options, really friendly staff
Cons: serve meat and dairy, no sitting area, only take-away
Sarask
Sarask

Very good soup

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

I went there on my second day in Amsterdam, and came back a few days later. I asked them witch soups were vegan, and there were three the first time and four or five the next time. I got to taste them before I decided witch ones I wanted to buy. I ate a black eyed pea-soup and a sweetroot-soup the first time and a dhal-soup and a pumpkin-soup the second time.
They were all very good, but my favourite was the black-eyed pea.
By ordering two small cups, you can try two different soups.
It was not very expensive, and without paying extra, you get a piece of vegan bread, too.
They actually have about six tables outside, so it is possible to sit down.

Pros: Great tasting soup, Cheap, Easy to find out what is vegan
Cons: Very busy place
slithers
slithers

Super, thanks for asking!

4 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

This was the closest vegan-friendly place to my hotel and I was very pleasantly surprised. About half of their soups are vegetarian (at least 5) and when I asked about which were vegan, all except one were, even the "creamy" ones, which used coconut milk. I got pumpkin something and it was delicious! So good, I went back a few days later and had an even more delicious spinach potato soup. They told me the rolls were vegan and they seemed fine (no upset stomach like I usually get if I accidentally have dairy). Eating outside at the tables was delightful in May (2012).

Pros: good selection, delicious soup, knowledgeable staff

Zinnia N
Zinnia N

Good soup

4 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2012

I had no idea the bread was not vegan- that would come as a surprise. The soup I got was nice though. The prices seem very low, but the small and medium sizes of soup would make a pretty small meal. Still, it's not expensive. It can be crowded. When I went, there were two vegan soup choices. One con is that they don't designate which items are vegan- and I didn't ask about the bread because bread here is typically vegan. Maybe it has changed since the prior review? Unfortunately I didn't think to ask.

Pros: tasty, good value, friendly
Cons: vegan items not marked, don't know about bread!, crowded
beitme
beitme

Great place for a warm lunch

4 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2010

They have well made soup here. A constantly changing menu keeps things interesting; though for vegan travelers it may be a bit of an inconvenience since they may not be serving any vegan options when you visit - I never had that problem. The food was good, and sized as a nice lunch. The price's are low. Well worth a visit for lunch, especially on those cold days.

Pros: good, healthy food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: small place
brokke_bolle
brokke_bolle

Nice!

4 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2009

The place was vary small, but there were tables outside. I think they were vary busy, cause the soup i wanted was sold out. However, the one i got was very good :) It was very cheap, and very vegan-friendly.

Pros: vegan-friendly, cheap, good food
Cons: not enough tables
beetred
beetred

great soups and salads

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2009

Get soups and salads to-go, or eat it outside on the bench. Usually there are at least 2 vegan soups per day and one vegan salad dressing. None of the bread is vegan, but this may change, so ask. So fresh, so delicious.

Pros: vegan options, hot soups, large salads
Cons: bread not vegan, only to-go

Dear Owner and Manager of Soup en zo - Jodenbreestraat: