Located at the old Pacos Tacos taco shack across from the Redwood Tree service station. Mostly take-out. Menu is vegan with gluten free options. The soul bowl comes with greens, brown rice, and beans. Has soups, tacos, and other foods. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Soul Food, American, Take-out
816 N State St (Gibson St)
Ukiah, California 95482

EscapeFromSF
EscapeFromSF

Promising

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

I showed up at Soul Sisters craving something sweet. It turns out I had arrived after closing, which is why, they explained, they were out of (vegan) ice cream, but they still had a line and there were people sitting at the tables.

Off hand, I'd say this place seems to be getting a good reception.

I think it needs development. I'm not clear on this but I think it is very new.

My big recommendation would be to post a menu that makes some kind of sense, with prices. What they have now is essentially a list of ingredients painted on their glass. Second, even on a Tuesday, when I showed up, the fact they still have a line at closing time suggests they could extend their hours--at least during the summer (there's no indoor seating, so winter will be an entirely different story).

I left with some small strawberry chocolate cupcakes which were delightful. At $6.00 for four of them, the price seemed about right/

I definitely will be returning to see how this place develops.

Pros: just right on a summer evening, good selection, good value
Cons: needs a clearer menu, perhaps closing too early, have to wonder about winter
Seahorsea
Seahorsea

Splendid!

5 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2013

My experience here was lovely. The service could not have been friendlier! The food was simple, well-seasoned, generously portioned, and delicious!
We had all kinds of things- quinoa, black-eyed peas, black beans, a creamy mushroom soup that we poured over everything like a sauce, a curry soup, greens, and cornbread.
I loved that the cornbread is gluten-free and everything is vegan. Hurray!!!
We were also given free cupcakes! Isn't that sweet? And they were so cute, with pink frosting...and gluten-free! Yaaay!
I also really love that there is no menu and not so many options. This makes it a lot easier for me!
Really happy with this place, and I'm excited to go back.

Pros: super friendly, generous, straightforward
Cons: lack of seating
Sandra Lee Childs
Sandra Lee Childs

Soul Sisters

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

My husband and I had a delightful lunch at Soul Sisters yesterday. We were encouraged to sample the various sauces, 3 bean chili and curries and found it a great help in selecting our meal. We chose the "Soul Bowl" with brown/wild rice, black-eyed peas, white and red kidney beans, mixed steamed fresh greens with a delicious mushroom sauce and cornbread. The Sister who served us was wonderfully friendly and helpful. We'll certainly make a point of dining there again during our next visit to Ukiah.

Pros: vegan establishment, delicious food & beverages and samples , happy, smiling, friendly owner served us
Cons: no menu

hillcruiser
hillcruiser

Phenomenal

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

There should be more cows available to award such exceptional people serving such exceptional food in such an exceptional way. My wife's not vegetarian and she enjoyed it even more than I did. After one experience Soul Sisters has become my all time favorite restaurant.

Pros: Fresh, high quality ingredients, Creative, delicious preparation, Best customer service ever
Cons: Location, No menu (ultimately enhances experience), Better seating area would be nice
TerrydSelkie
TerrydSelkie

the best gluten free vegan soul food in California

5 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2013

Soul Sisters, owned by Sister Wiletta and Sister Catrina is the absolutely best vegan, gluten free soul food I have ever tasted! They have a great variety of delicious choices, including several types of beans, grains and sauces. My favorite dish is the soul bowl with bean varieties, quinoa, greens, covered with their special pepper blend and braggs, and then a side of chicken't with jerk and cilantro cream sauce on top! If you have room (or to go for later), order the cupcakes- delicious treat for those of us looking for something vegan and gluten free. I LOVE Soul Sisters!

levensonpalmer
levensonpalmer

What a find - SUPER

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

Vegan and Gluten Free. Super BBQ/soul food. The mock chicken and sauce will knock your socks off. The vegan cupcakes and cookies are over the top. Great owners. Really committed to a vegan and vegetarian life style. Just a few blocks off the freeway at the northern end of town. Really worth the little effort to get there. Just south of Low Gap on State Street (the main drag) - west side of the street

Dear Owner and Manager of Soul Sisters: