Serves meat, veg options available. Several vegetarian and vegan choices including pastas, salads, vegan meatballs, and couscous with veggies. Also offer fresh squeezed juices. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Italian, Juice bar, Non-veg

bob79

Fantastic

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

HEALTHY, FRESH, a lot of dishes Homemade & WONDERFUL LOCATION
in the center of VALLETTA (behind the Grand Master's Palace)

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, wonderful location
blackvaldaswan
blackvaldaswan

The only good vegan option in Valetta

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

I visited Soul Food during my trip around Malta. It has a nice and cosy atmosphere. The choice for food is not very large, but it has a good selection of vegan foods. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The place is very small, only few table upstairs but it wasn't busy when I was there.

I had a lentil & leek burger which was served with spicy couscous and salad. The burger was slightly dry but overall I really liked the food. The prices are very affordable.

Malta definitely needs more places like this one.

Pros: good value, friendly staff
MCap88
MCap88

Very Good Food

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

On our vacation of 7days i've planed that we were going to eat at soul food's and i'm glad we did! We were with a vegan(me) a vegetarian (my boyfriend) and my mother in law and we all had a great meal! The burgers with the special bread , we didn't know, were very tasty. We bought some some more of it and i had a vegan pasta arrabiatta. It was very good! But you have to love spicy food, because it was pretty hot ;) the people are really friendly, goood service! And when we got bad an other day, they were closing... and still remembered us from earlier that week. Tomorrow we're going again!

Pros: Good Service, Not Expensive, Cosy Restaurant

StuartFoxbaseAlpha
StuartFoxbaseAlpha

Soul Food vegan meals in the heart of Valletta

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

Amazing tasty vegan food served in the heart of medieval Valletta! Soul food has been open about 6 months and the menu includes lots of tasty vegan dishes. The owners are Italian and this is reflected in the dishes. Can you believe we had a 7 course vegan meal on Christmas Day!! Amazing (I have attached a photo of the menu).
They also serve local wines, teas, coffees, smoothies, cakes, sandwiches and you can sit outside, downstairs or upstairs.
Friendly staff, great service, very easy-going, etc etc.
Vegans will not believe their luck!

Pros: Vegan options, Friendly staff, Atmospheric setting
Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher

Only decent vegetarian option in Valetta

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2013

Nice, cozy place with tasty food. I've tried artichoke pasta which was very good. Note: Pasta very al dente; if you don't like it that way, you should probably ask for another preparation. Vegan and vegetarian options are clearly indicated on the menu. It looked like there is a bigger room upstairs (other entrance) which belong also to "Soul Food", but I wasn't there.

Pros: friendly stuff, good music
Cons: small serving
joel
joel

A vegan oasis in Valletta

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

A vegan oasis in Valletta, on a recent visit, all three of their daily specials were vegan in honour of World Vegan Day. We visited several times and enjoyed their food, juices/smoothies, and desserts.

Dear Owner and Manager of Soul Food: