CLOSED: Sophie n Me

Serves meat, veg options available. Sophie n Me creates menu items with only all-natural, sustainable and/or organic ingredients. Vegan options are clearly labeled. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Eclectic Fusion, Non-veg
4251 N Federal Hwy (NE Spanish River Blvd)
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561-961-4899

Open Tue-Sat 11am-9pm, closed Sun-Mon.

First Review by Michellemarra
kindlizard
kindlizard

not good at all

2 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

Wow, so not one of us out of 8 liked anything at all from this cafe. We were very displeased by everything we ordered. I was saddened to dislike this place. We will certainly NOT be back, ever. Never a good sign when you hear your dinner being zapped to perfection; that microwave at an og cafe is a joke.

Cons: service , food , food
ninafarr
ninafarr

good but misleading

3 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2012

My sister and I are vegan and thought we'd have lots of options here. We went for lunch and at least 3 things we tried to order were either unavailable because they were out of it or because they only offered it for dinner. So, we ended up with only a few items from which to choose and the wrap we ordered was sub-par. However, the vegan mac and cheese was out of this world, and made the experience worth it. Also, had yummy vegan cupcakes :)

Pros: great mac and cheese, fun atmosphere, healthy
Cons: small, too few menu items
Michelle Goebel
Michelle Goebel

Good Food, Great Service

4 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2012

Took my mom for her birthday and it was wonderful. Rachael our server was terrific, very patient and answered all of my questions. All vegan foods are marked on the menu I have allergies and only eat organic, mostly vegan and my mom is a foodie and my husband prefers bar food and everyone liked it. The coconut curry soup is incredible. My husband had a shrimp and grits. He said the gelato is great too. The cranberry walnut bread was great. My husband like the gelato.We had a raspberry lemonade cup cake to go but it was too sweet for me. Juice & Java has better cupcakes but they don't bake their own, they buy them from someone. Will definately go back often.

Pros: Excellent curry soup, good value, organic & vegan options
Cons: Some dishes need more salt or spice

Michellemarra
Michellemarra

We wanted this to be a home run.

2 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2011

Our family was ever hopeful that a vegan friendly and organic restaurant was the answer to our prayers. It wasn't even close. Before we walked in the previous patrons told us that their entree was dry. We entered to a chemical smell and a sterile environment. We were still eager to try their

organic and local dishes. We ordered a couple of appetizers and
entrees. After finishing our appetizers and almost finishing our bottle of
wine, still no entrees. We asked for some bread to tide us over and I have
to say after polishing of the bread we felt robbed. The bread was worth
the wait - hot, warm, delicious and crispy. The entrees finally came -
warm, brown and boring. The dishes weren't only ugly to look at, they
were skimpy in portion size and flavor. They will not survive unless they
somehow figure out how to present a pretty plate with delicious food.
Q

We support organic, local and vegan. If I can cook it better, why bother.

Pros: Organic, Vegan options, Close by
Cons: No presentation, Lack of flavor, Sterile decor
  • sophienme sophienme

Dear Michelle,

We sincerely apologize for your experience. The first few days of our groupon offer were very hectic and I'm sorry to say that we were not ready for such a large turn-out with-in that short time period; which is why we are regrouping and formulating a new plan to make every diners experience a great one. We pride ourselves in quality ingredients and fresh flavor paired with an eco-friendly dining establishment.

Thank you for your feedback and looking forward to showing you what we truly are about.

Best regards,

Carrie Blair
    Owner
    Sophie n Me

• cameraphonevegan cameraphonevegan

we went here during the groupon too, and weren't all that pleased with our dishes. the bread & cupcakes were great though! i figured it was too soon after they opened to write a review up on here. now that it's been a while & someone else has a good review i'll give them a second chance!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Sophie n Me: