Lai Thai Cuisine - Somsak

Serves meat, veg options available. Formerly Somsak, still offers veggie choices. Has a vegetarian menu that includes vegan spring rolls, mock duck and tofu can be added to any dish, and eggs can be omitted in food upon request. Daily lunch specials, Sunday dinner only. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by outofreachnj
outofreachnj
outofreachnj

My Favorite!!

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2010

I love Som Sak! It is my favorite place to get excellent Thai cuisine in the South Jersey area. I have been going here for 5+ years, and the owners and staff are wonderful!

There are numerous selections for vegetarians and vegans. Tofu (fried or fresh) and/or mock duck (get it deep fried) can be added to any order. Eggs can also be removed from dishes (pad thai/fried rice) to make vegan. Everything is delicious!

They have great lunch specials, even on Saturdays, and they allow you to pick other items not listed (ex. you can order spring rolls instead of a salad or something else).

Two of my favorite dishes are the mixed veggies in yellow curry sauce (I get fresh tofu added) and the vegetarian pad kee mao (with mock duck added).

Since this is a non-veg restaurant, Happy Cow tells me I can only give 4 stars at most, but Som Sak is definitely a 5! I highly recommend!

Pros: delicious, lunch special, the best staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Lai Thai Cuisine - Somsak: