Organic cafe and retail space. Has raw chocolate and extensive drinks menu. Confirmed open Jan 2012. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Macrobiotic, Raw, Juice bar, Western

First Review by StarGate Bali
EzzieGriffin
EzzieGriffin

somalicious

3 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

I had the protein soup, amazing. Super quick and friendly service, loads of options and irresistible deserts. A tiny bit more expensive than some other restaurants with similar offerings. Good buzz and vibe though, often with a bit of live music!

Pros: live music, great food
Cons: a bit expensive , a bit hipster
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

So expensive compare to the quantity !!!!!!!

2 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

Portions are very small for a high price. It's a little place crowded. Much prefer the Vegan Warung !!!!!!!!!

Moix
Moix

Trendy place, plentiful choices.

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Visited May 2013. Every evening this place had young, cool people spilling out of the steps.. I kept wondering what the buzz was. So we dropped in one night for a hot chocolate & light bite. The Gado-Gado spring rolls were fresh & delish. The coconut mylk hot chocolate, sorry to say, was awful (to my tastebuds at least) and had that sour young coconut flavour trying to mix with chocolate. The menu was huge & I would have liked to have tried more. The service was kind, wifi works well. The atmosphere is trendy, it's a small place & was filled with young & hip looking new agers, one guy was lounging with his shirt off. Still, I'd go back to try more of their raw selection.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 14, 2013

Pros: Fresh, raw vegan options, Kind service, Nice vibe
Cons: On the pricier side of Ubud, Coconut mylk hot chocolate
cocoholic
cocoholic

Best health food in Ubud

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

This little restaurant was my favourite one in Ubud in terms of raw, healthy food. Their juices were not always tasty, but very freshly made and I could tell full of healthy, green ingredients. JUST NEXT TIME PLEASE DO NOT PUT A METAL SPOON INTO MY JUICE!!! THANKS! I liked their protein power soup and apparently some other customers told me their raw pad thai is supposed to be delicious, but I had no time to try that myself :-( A bit disappointing was the "Mochalicious Cake" which looked different from the sample in the fridge and it was deep frozen (as a previous reviewer already mentioned), so maybe order this first and have it at the end before you go. The portions are rather small, so you will certainly be able to finish it :-) The staff is very friendly and they have free Wifi.

Pros: Many healthy options, free Wifi, friendly staff
Cons: Cake comes deep frozen, Metal spoon in Juices
psiphi75
psiphi75

Pretty average

3 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2012

This small restaurant was pretty average. The portions were small but tasted okay. We ordered a vegan dessert which was sitting in the fridge which looked great, but they brought us the same dessert but from the freezer, it was a huge disappointment.

Pros: okay food
Cons: many desserts have honey, small portions

fearless
fearless

Quality food

4 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

Visisted here while staying in Ubud and found the food to be very tasty with good flavours. The pumpkin soup was fantastic and so were the trio of dips that we tried. The drinks were also good quality with the mango lassi being a highlight for me.
The setting is small but peaceful with very friendly staff serving you.
The only negative I would say is the price, we paid more here than at any other vego restaurant in Bali - still it was cheap by Australian standards!

Pros: Delicious Food, Healthy food, Great service
Cons: Price
freeprincebandar
freeprincebandar

Vegan ice cream option in Ubud

3 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

Expensive scoop of vegan ice cream, but you don't have too many other options for it. However, some of the other gelato shops will have 1 or 2 sorbets that are vegan. In those small scoop runs you 20K Rp. Same here except (possibly more) on top you pay a service charge

blueberrym
blueberrym

Inspirational

5 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

Soma was my highlight of Bali. Ate here 3 times and each time it was a difficult decision choosing something from their extensive menu. Wish I was there longer. Delicious coconut latte. The boyfriend loved it too even though he's definitely a meat-a-tarian. Great price on raw cashews.

HappyRe
HappyRe

Not just food

5 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2012

I'm not going to talk about food, as the other reviews already said it is amazing, you just need to get to know who runs the place, John. Seriously, if you can just come and stay at the place until he shows up, it worthy. He is incredible wise, talking to him is a deep and interesting experience, not only his lovely food but the conversation really changed my day. I wished I had gone there many more times there during my staying in Ubud.

RunlindaRun
RunlindaRun

Vegan Heaven

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2012

This place was an absolute find during our trip to Ubud. A great range of raw, vegan and vegitartian delights. I highly recommend the 'Live Pad Thai' and any of the raw chocolates or deserts. The flavour sensations will leave you wishing you had a place like this at home. Enjoy

Pros: Great variety, Healthy food, Friendly staff
Sali Sun
Sali Sun

Amazing!!

5 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2011

Soma is the most divine raw food experience... feasting here was the highlight of our Ubud trip, the best Vegan/ Raw food we came across in Bali.
Kombucha tea, Health tonics & delish smoothies. Raw food cake & health supplies.
I had the live love pasta, supa fresh zucchini noodles, pesto, vegies & the creamiest cashew cheese ever. My husband had the live pad thai.. it was sublime, fresh & abundant. We had the Gado Gado spring rolls & the most divine home made vegan ice cream... cashew base w chocolate & strawberry.
As must if you love raw food. Yum We highly recommend, it was a truly inspirational experience.

Pros: Amazing Raw Food, Kombucha Tea, Friendly Staff
StarGate Bali
StarGate Bali

Excellent

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2011

Just wanted to add that i believe this to be the most conscious food establishment in Ubud - it runs at the highest standard of health and eco and animal welfare.

The owners are not only dedicated to serve the highest quality of food possible they are also dedicated to teaching you how to grow it prepare it and every thing that goes with a healthy diet - They REALLY walk their talk.
Thanks Jiva

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good va

Dear Owner and Manager of Soma: