Will deliver large quantities for lunch or dinner - call for details. Open one Thursday evening per month for a theme party. Not open during evenings and reservation of 20-50 people is required. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Wine, Delivery, French

blackadder2069
blackadder2069

My favorite restaurant in Lyon

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

Soline is the perfect restaurant for me. The food is always excellent, the staff always welcoming and the menu changes often and offer recipes inspired by various countries in the world.
The location is central, not so far from Part Dieu area (main train station and business district).
I've discovered this place 4 years ago and I've been coming regularly since, never disappointed.
So if you're in Lyon and are looking for a good vegetarian restaurant, look no further.

The only thing is that the restaurant is only open during week days and for lunch.

Pros: Excellent food, Changing menu, Excellent staff
Cons: Open just week days for lunch, Price slightly too high
AudreyB
AudreyB

great food, a bit pricey, though

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

Soline is more of a canteen style restaurant with a small variety of meals, all of which sound very delicious. Main dish plus dessert was 13,50€ (we only had the main dish for 10,50€) which is a bit pricey. The food is very tasty, though!

Pros: delicious food
Cons: too expensive
JonJon
JonJon

Practical place to eat vegan food

4 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

Soline is well located and allows to eat quality vegan food for lunch. The ambiance is nice but it looks like more a canteen than a restaurant. The food is good but not always unforgetable. Prices are fair and staff is friendly.

Pros: vegan choices, affordable, well located
Cons: canteen like, not open in the evening

IronDread
IronDread

Vegan lunch

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

Place is warm and cosy, service very polite and friendly. Staff speaks english, that's not common in France.The food...is definitely healthy, well presented but could be seasoned more. I like strong flavours so french style of cooking dissapoints me a bit. But over all I give 810. Good place for lunch.

Pros: friendly staff, good portions, nice small front garden
Cons: not many vegan desserts
ViolaineB
ViolaineB
  • raw

nice little veggie place, family friendly

5 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2013

I think the food was good. I had an egg, cooked with truffle essence, it was very odd but nice... With soldiers and truffle butter or something... Accompanied with a massive salad, full of grated carrots, beetroots and healthy things! For dessert, a chocolate tart with sarrasin flour, (buckwheat) which was delicious!
I think they have a different "plat du jour" everyday. So ask the waiter what they have... They divide their option as their origins, for instance if they have a have a thai option and spanish optin 9they often have 2 options), they'll call it "La thailandaise, ou l'espagnole and then a desciption of what it is, the dish of the day, if you will....
I though the price was reasonable. It's ok as a cafe if you're in the area or on your lunch break.(20min from Bellecour, going through Guillotiere bridge)
Very healthy for Lyon! A good option indeed! Their produce is all organic which is great to know, and it's eco friendly and local, as much as they can use local products... They're very family orientated as well, the ambiance is cosy and relaxed, no fuss... The staff is friendly and speak good English. They also have fresh juices. the patisseries are succulent. I defo recommend it! Have fun in Lyon, people! It's my hometown, so knowing that people open businesses like this fills my heart with joy! Lyon is the gastronomy capital city of France after all!

Pros: open all day (need te reserve for dinner, not too pricey, quite central'ish!
Cons: not open on weekends, bit noisy, kinda canteen, perfect4lunch!, raw food in the menu next? Times change!
ruzette
ruzette

A good canteen

3 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I Had lunch there and though it's was OK the vegan option is cooked in the same dish than vegetarian food with cheese... A bit odd...

It's more a canteen than a restaurant, but it's OK if you're in a hurry and around the corner.

BjornH
BjornH
  • non-vegetarian

Soline

5 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2011

Vegetarians in central Lyon are lucky to have a a place like Soline. The food is cheap, tastes and looks great and the staff and general ambience very friendly.

Pros: Central, Cheap, Friendly
Cons: Not open in the evening
dianajoy
dianajoy

I love this place

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2009

I've been here many times, I think the owners are great and the food is always good. The chef Matthieu focuses on aryuvedic cooking, and they always have some vegan options. It's more of a lunchtime place, but they occasionally have thursday night theme evenings - last time was a performance of indian dance with indian food, of course. Unfortunately the food was a bit toned down since the french don't like spicy food. So it wasn't super authentic or flavorful in that sense and I was a bit disappointed. But I've yet to have good indian food in france, so I suppose that's to be expected.

However their basic daily formula is great. You have two options: one dish of the week, of dish of the day, served cafeteria style. Most everything is fair trade and/or organic, they're also really focused on local agriculture. They have a pretty good selections of drinks (alcoholic and non) and even a little shop where you can buy fair trade stuff like tea and chocolate. The decor is great - very colorful and bright, and they even have some massage chairs in a corner. I wish they were open more often at night, since that's when I would go, but otherwise I'm a big fan.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, healthy cuisine
Cons: not open nights

Dear Owner and Manager of Soline: