Food is cooked on premises using fresh ingredients; many contain either dairy or eggs. Decor is warm with contemporary artwork on the walls. In summer there is al fresco street dining or garden seating at the rear. Also a deli shelf with food products for sale. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Catering
720b Pollen Street, Aotearoa, North Island
Thames, New Zealand 3500

Mon-Sun 8:00am-4:00pm

First Review by gisaster25

Great for a vegetarian, not so good for a vegan

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2013

It bums me out when an all vegetarian spot falls short on offering options for vegans. This place is a good example of that. I stopped in for breakfast and I only had two options: a muffin (not always vegan) and a smoothie.

The kicker was that I had to pay another dollar to make the smoothie vegan. They charge a dollar to change milk out for soy milk. The muffin was alright, a little low on flavor but at least it wasn't tiny .

If you're vegetarian I'm sure this would be a great spot. If you are vegan, don't expect much but it's better then nothing.

Pros: good atmosphere , friendly staff
Cons: not good for vegans

Best coffee ever

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

....and I'm serious about that. Very helpful labeling system so you don't have to announce your vegan if you don't want to. Good service and relaxed atmosphere. Don't miss the Co-op store just down the road on the same block :)

Delicious potato salad

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2009

I stopped in for lunch and really enjoyed the red potato salad with homemade mayo, sweetcorn, and chopped celery. Good cappuccinos too.

Pros: Potato salad, Cappuccinos

Not ideal for vegans

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2006

We dined here in December 2006. Vegetarian fritters were tasty, but there were basically no options for vegans other than a couple of the salads (which were doused in vinegar) and a muffin.

Pros: Some food tasty
Cons: Limited vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Sola Cafe: