Vegetarian place serves simple basic food with vegan options. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Take-out

kexi
kexi

Best burgers, crispy seitan

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2016

Best hangover food here! Crispy, salty, deep-fried. Lots of flavour! Sataman seitan is very recommended! I have had very friendly and not so friendly staff experiences, but they're never been too busy to make my order with special wishes.

The decor is awful bright green and yellow and it smells very greasy inside, so I recommend to go there when you can eat outside.

Minnya
Minnya

Best burgers in town

Posted on 01 / 13 / 2016

Have eaten here several occasions. Cute little place. Burgers are so good, can't believe they're vegan! Especially soyburger with smoked "cheese". Bun option with oat or dark ryebread.

dumsterdave
dumsterdave

amazing burgers

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2016

the best burger u have ever eaten! definitely check this place out if you're around Helsinki!
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 16, 2015

Pros: Amazing burger

Kisso
Kisso

I recommend it!

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2015

Good location close to Sörnäinen metro station. Small portions available. Also spouse who's not vegetarian liked it alot.

nafanc
nafanc

Simply delicious

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2015

This place was awesome. It serves up hearty, stick-to-your-ribs veggie fare. The offerings are far from healthy and oh so satisfying. As a vegan, I have trouble finding savory, indulgent foods, so Soi Soi's burgers and sandwiches are a godsend that really hit the spot.

My wife and I discovered this on our penultimate day in Finland; if not for that, we would have been here every day of our week-long trip. We had the seitan kebab and jammin burger, both of which were indescribably delicious. In fact, neither of us could stop thinking about the meal for the rest of the night. Luckily, Soi Soi was on the way to the airport, so we stopped by the next morning for a second helping.

Pros: Utterly delicious, Hearty, savory, indulgent, Big portions
Hiipi
Hiipi

Great burgers!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2015

We ate here this june and the burgers were really tasty! It is quite a small place and at the time really crouded. My order got mixed up and I got the wrong burger. Got the right one after a short wait though.

Pros: Really tasty burgers, Many vegan options, Friendly staff
Cons: Small place
PraveenGopinath
PraveenGopinath

Wonderful and Friendly place

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2014

One thing I missed about this place while I was hunting for a Vegan place was the restaurant's timing. They are open until 11PM and on Weekends until 2 AM (not PM).

About the food: They only serve fast food. Burgers and fries. They are so tasty. They have many vegan options. Cost is moderate. Not many tables. But, they serve quickly , they are friendly. They listen to you patiently and suggest you several options.

I'm not a big fan of burgers. But, these are great. I ate one for dinner and packed two for breakfast and lunch. Even the not so fresh one the next day tasted great.

I'll be visiting this place next time if I come to Helsinki.

Pros: Wonderful fast food, Friendly and patient, Moderate cost
Cons: Few tables, Could be little more clean
Veganissimo
Veganissimo

Vegan-friendly fast-food restaurant

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

Quite easy to find. The place is quite small, only four tables, might get crowded easily.

In our experience the staff is and the atmosphere is friendly. The food is prepared visibly behind the counter.

Prices vary from cheap to moderate per dish, but portions are large and will fill your stomach. My personal favorite is Sataman seitan. The slices of seitan are thin and well prepared but there could be more, because there is so much herb-potatoes. The mayonnaise and coleslaw are really tasty and the whole portion is well balanced between freshness and fast-foodness.

Gluten-freedom is possible with varying the dishes. The staff is helpful to prepare the dishes according to food-restrictions and wishes.

Pros: Tasty, Large portions, Seitan
Cons: Moderate prices, Warm indoors
TomiTuominen
TomiTuominen

Vegan fastfood

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

Ate a pre-bar meal here today. Had a pita-bread stuffed with fried seitan and some assortiments, accompanied by sweet potato fries. The food was ok considering the price, but I would have done it a bit differently. The pita was difficult to eat because the seitan pieces were large, almost like burger patties; I would have cut them into smaller pieces and mixed them with the assortiments. Also, since everything was fried, it was very high-fat, which is not to my liking. I would compare this to an average snägäri in Finland (snägäri = grill that serves fast food till early mornings for customers coming from bars). Nothing special, but it is nice to enjoy such meals every one in a while as a vegan.

Pros: Price, Variety of options
Cons: High fat, Taste nothing special
Odalina
Odalina

Cute place, tasty food

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2014

Great place for hanging out, really cozy atmosphere and friendly staff. Several delicious vegan dishes.

Tanja*
Tanja*

Heavy vegan junk food

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

Many delicious vegan portions that won't leave you hungry. Seitan is thin cut, well fried. Maybe a bit less oil and salt would be enough. Perfect (vegan) mayonese!

SCos
SCos

Reggae style place

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

In Soi Soi you have many vegan options (and the staff can improvize if you have food restrictions). Their "Sataman seitan" is absolutely delicious and "Hamppurilainen" is a good option for smaller hunger or a evening snack.

I also recommend Laitila lemonades and Bionade they have.

Pros: Food is great, Nice staff and they cook behind the desk
Cons: Not entirely vegan place, Music is sometimes too loud
tomahola
tomahola

Veggie hangout

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2013

A lovely place. A great replacement of the Vegemesta that used to be at the opposite side of the street. The food is just as good, but there are maybe more choices and more than burger but still similar fried grill fast food oriented. Many tables and you can really go there with your friends, sit down and enjoy the meal as the only veggie place like this open in the evening in Helsinki besides Vegemesta Roobertinkatu. I had chick-pea balls with fried potatoes and salad. They also had some really good carrot juice smoothie at that tome.

Pros: Open also in the evening, Great location near sörnainen metro, Spacey and comfy
Cons: G
Marenka
Marenka

Cozy place, delicious seitan!

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2013

Soi Soi is a nice little fast food restaurant that has many vegetarian options, both hemp, soy and seitan based and burgers and pitas as well as plates. About half of the menu is vegan. The staff speaks English.

We were served by a super relaxed and cool dude. It was nice that you can watch the staff making the meals. The place is quite small but nice.

Their "Sataman seitan" meal was delicious, especially the seitan part. It included also salad and fried potatoes that tasted good, but potatoes had a little too much fat for my taste. Options are a bit limited for vegans, for example there was only one vegan burger (that was a hemp burger).

Pros: nice staff, easy to find, good location, tasty food
Cons: a bit too fatty meal, limited options for vegans

Dear Owner and Manager of Soi Soi: