Soho Thai Fusion Bar and Grill

Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food restaurant. Has soy meats for substitution, possibly at extra charge, or tofu as well in a few of the dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
2104 Pacific Coast Hwy Ste 3 (Oak St)
Lomita, California 90717
310-530-7646

Open Mon-Thur, Sun 11:30am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Rambovianesque
TerriPotts
TerriPotts

Good food for all!

4 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2012

I took two business associates who were meat eaters, and had never had Thai Food. (really? yes, really). Everyone found something they could enjoy on the menu. Love the fact that I could substitute soy chicken and still enjoy some of my favorite foods, and keep my carnivore friends happy as well.

The place was nice, however fairly empty on a Tuesday night. I hope that they are busier other nights so that they are able to stay in business!

LW
LW

Great Vegan Options for the area

4 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2010

My hubby and I eat here several times a month. There are just about no vegan options in this area except for Whole Foods. If you learn to navigate the menu, you can order a budget-friendly vegan dinner. Our average dinner with wine and beer is only $35 or so. Several of the wait-staff seem knowledgable about vegan diets and have helped us. We typically get a ramen stir-fry with tofu, buckwheat noodles, broccoli and veggies. We always order the Vegan Summer Rolls and yellow curry. One down-side is that many of our frequent diner points don't get acknowledged and we've been going there for the past 3 years. We have yet to receive anything for our patronage. Also, the restaurant is always on the warm side.

Pros: vegan options, beer/wine, no wait
Cons: warm temp, points program
hscohn
hscohn

Soho or so NO?

1 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2010

We had a very unpleasant time there this evening. The prices, for what we got were way out of line. $16 for a few soy shrimp and some oily rice noodles and peanuts.

When we brought the issue to the attention of the management, they showed no interest in our satisfaction, only their own. This despite our having eaten there regularly over the past year.

As it isn't a vegan, or even vegetarian restaurant, I have to recommend bypassing this one. While they may have have some vegetables and mock meats, they don't seem to understand that serving vegans/vegetarians isn't just about making soy look like animal ingredients. There also has to be a sense of fair play, compassion and respect for our lifestyle.

Soho simply doesn't. Dine elsewhere if you can.

Cons: Language Barrier, Prices, Customer Service
THEMOVIERAD
THEMOVIERAD

Friendly Neighborhood Vegan Joint

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2009

This place is VERY vegan friendly, with many options to substitute meats with mock meats. As the other reviewer below me stated, the staff is very friendly and seemingly thankful for our business. I recommend the cashew soy chicken, the pad thai soy chicken, as well as the vegan pho soup with soy chicken. I guess you can say I really like their soy chicken. The frequent diner program is also very nice, and after numerous trips I received a $25 dollar gift certificate in the mail. This is a perfect place to bring your meat eating friends and let them try some of your "weird vegan foods."

Pros: friendly staff, very quick service, vegan-friendly
Guest
Guest

A lucky find

4 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2008

I sent in this restaurant's info to Happy Cow after dining there for a loooong time. I found it by accident on the way to Whole Foods in Torrance. It's not completely veg, but they have a full vegan menu in order for you to customize basically any dish you want with mock meats, as well as choose from special veggie/noodle dishes. The "meats" have all different textures, everything from the basic soy chicken to tofu steak. You can even get mock shrimp, which I've never tried since it freaks me out, but I'm sure some people would love that. I've never seen a regular restaurant cater so much to vegans! Plus, the staff is really sweet, especially to regulars, and they offer a frequent diner program.

Pros: great selection, accepts credit

Dear Owner and Manager of Soho Thai Fusion Bar and Grill: