So What?!? is a vegan restaurant situated in a popular area of Rome, opened in Nov 2013. Menu changes from time-to-time and is written on a chalk board. Sample dishes might be ravioli, orzotto, and curry. Casual atmosphere. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Italian, European
Via Ettore Giovenale 56-58
Rome, Italy 00176
+39-3298265250

Mon 7:30pm-11:30pm, Wed-Fri 7:30pm-11:30pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-11:30pm

First Review by Venusia
ElenaBre
ElenaBre

My favourite vegan restaurant in Rome

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2015

I love this restaurant and I go there often. The food is delicious and the prizes are moderate. I went there with some omnivores too and they all enjoyed their food. I love the fact that their menu is made up of typocal italian food made vegan. The dessert are delicious too. Try the Destry or the Coppa Cobram if you have the chance to go there! Now ther is even the new underground line C stopping near the restaurant.

Pros: Prizes , Menu with traditional italian food, Venue
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

delicious!

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2015

We made reservations for So What? on the last night we were there and are so glad we did. Everything was just delicious! They serve Italian and some other European dishes. We started off with beers as they had a good selection of craft beers. For food, we ordered the navy beans, potatoes, pesto pasta, gnocchi, seitan goulash and pot pie like pastry before topping it all off with a peanut butter and chocolate crepe. The sage butter sauce on gnocchi was just the best. We left so full, but very pleased. The atmosphere is a little funky with great signs hung all around. The service was friendly and good. Definitely check them out when in Rome.

Pros: delicious vegan versions, good service, funky decor
luvi_miniowl
luvi_miniowl

Vegan saturday with my family

Posted on 07 / 10 / 2015

I went here with my parents and my sister (we are from Rome) some week ago, on a saturday, for lunch. They aren't vegan, but I am, so they were "trying" my lifestyle. It was late (2:30 pm) and we were alone, but the place was very cozy and warm and friendly.
We were enthusiast! Especially my mother, which is pretty skeptical about what I say - not only about food. We ate so much that I had to find a place for the dessert - superb vegan crepe with chocolate and peanut butter.
The gazpacho was so special that my father had it twice.
I will surely come back :)
Thank you for everything.

eavesm
eavesm

great find

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2015

Staying in a hotel away from the centre (to stay in the "real Rome") we were delighted to find So What 3 streets away via Happy Cow. Great food, nice atmosphere and very pleasant people who are Vegan for the animals :)

Pros: Good, tasty food, inexpensive, pleasant atmosphere
Cons: not easy to find without Google maps or Satna
vanessa7848
vanessa7848

great place, great food

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2015

delicious food - once we found the place we fell in love. (hard to find, better use Google maps!)
in italy it's usual to have a "primo", the first plate and a "secondo", more like the main meal.
if you are a hungry vegan like me i recommend you to have both - one wouldn't have been enough for me.
oh, and try the dessert "destroy" - it's amazing!

barbaramaidel
barbaramaidel

Singular and delicious

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2015

Well, I found out by the pain way that Rome is an expensive city, even more than Paris when I was in both in the summer. So I became almost without money there when I was having dinners in vegetarian restaurants. The most incredible -- still expensive, though -- place where I ate was this So What? Food is awesomely tasty, the ambient is an 80s cave of music and movies, they have principles to cook, which is a moral that I supremely admire (fresh and sometimes organic vegetables, homemade seitan, special AND natural flavors).

Unfortunately, I'm a big belly and the portions aren't as enormous as my hungry use to be -- I had to order more and more food to fill my emptiness. And then I became poor again. But it was for good causes: veganism and great food made with love.

I totally recommend pasta with tomato sauce and seitan. But if you are fat and poor, beware: you'll leave hungry or you'll have to wash some dishes :)

Pros: Delicious food and beers, Well arranged ambient, Friendly staff
Cons: Small portions
kuni
kuni

tasty italian food

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2015

Cool place with a nice atmosphere and friendly staff. It has a bit nerdy feel with some punk elements :) The guests seem to be really mixed, not the standard hardcore alternative vegans you see somewhere else sometimes. Some of their food comes from their own garden, a nice detail which I would've liked to know a bit more about (which dishes, which veggies for example).

Being used more to Eastern European places I found the prices a bit high and the portions unfortunately small. I think that's also their intention though, smaller portions so you can try more dishes. We paid 6 euros for the pancake starter, 8 euros each for the pasta's and also 8 for the seitan goulash.

The food itself was really tasty, I always like when typical regional dishes are veganised. Dishes were simple without many ingredients, but on the other hand the taste was pretty sophisticated. Still I would've liked to see a little more ingredients like salad on the side.

So all in all a nice place to eat good food, but the small portions left us a bit unsatisfied and it feels they don't really have that 'extra' bit making them stand out. The chances are certainly there!

Updated from previous review on Sunday January 11, 2015

Pros: great tasting food, friendly people
Cons: small portions, not accentuating any unique points
Vestpocketvenus
Vestpocketvenus

3rd restaurant is the charm

Posted on 11 / 13 / 2014

What a jewel this place is!

The absolute culinary highlight of my Rome experience. It was the third restaurant I picked and that is what vegan food should be. Innovative, great presented, very tasty and all dishes with a little twist (herbs or nuts) that made it very special and delicious and last but not least very good staff, attentive and friendly. The first time I left the table fully satisfied. I could have skipped the dessert, but could not resist temptation (and I knew it was the last decent meal I would get). And it was soooo creamy.

Thumps up also for the toilet - no paper but small cloth towels.

Pros: Great tasty food, Value for money, Innovative
toolwins
toolwins

So what?!

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2014

Yeah, we're vegan so what?! kinda had me at the name. First things first, to be clear it is 7:30 PM not to be confused with AM. Very good food, casual but cool atmosphere, would definitely recommend it to anyone. Lots of options.

sXe_22
sXe_22

Excellent!

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

My great expectations were confirmed: this is an amazing restaurant! a modern design furniture completed with funny 70/80's sci-fi B-movies plus a friendly staff make the place very pleasant. Food is tasty and well presented, portions are perfect and quality/price ratio is great. For tourists couldn't be the easiest place to reach, but it definitely worth a visit... or more than one!

gaelle
gaelle

Super !

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

Un repas de qualité dans un cadre original !!!
Le service est très agréable, bon choix de plats et le dessert.....une merveille : les meilleures crêpes que j'ai mangé !!!
Nous le recommandons vraiment, bien qu'il soit un peu excentré le déplacement vaut le coup !
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 23, 2014

Pros: rapport qualité prix, bon accueil
Cons: excentré de la ville
vegansmotka
vegansmotka

wonderful place!

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

I just have dinner there and I wanted to review ASAP. The place is very simple&nice(I love the posters on the wall) and the food was great! You have a good choice and everything was tasty and not expensive. And I had one of the best dessert ever. Really recommended!

Topinambur
Topinambur

una garanzia

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

Ambiente informale ma curato, menu alla carta più piatti del giorno alla lavagna rendono l'offerta piuttosto varia,
da provare il tofu in carpione (buono anche se non siete amanti del tofu), il seitan, la coppa Destroy come dessert.
Buono il vino della casa, originali e sfiziosi i dolci, lasciate un po' di spazio perchè non sono leggeri!
Buoni i prezzi, servizio gentile.

***

Informal, cozy, menu à la carte plus daily specials on the blackboard make the offer quite large,
try Tofu in carpione (also good if you are not a tofu lover), seitan, "Destroy" cup for dessert.
Good house wine, original and delicious desserts, leave a little space because they are not light!
Good prices, friendly and vegan staff.

veganworld
veganworld

Nice and inexpensive place!

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2013

A really beautiful place, full of sci-fi movie posters. The food is very good and the prices are low. Don't miss the desserts: I really went crazy for the Coppa Kobram (a vegan whipping cream and choccolate mousse) and for the sweet potato pie! Tuesday closed, open for dinner every day, on saturday and monday also open for lunch

Pros: good food, beautiful layout
Venusia
Venusia

So What?!? So goood!

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2013

My friends and I went there yesterday and we were enthusiastic. Really good food, friendly staff, really cheap price and very cool design.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of So What Ristorante Vegan: