So Free Pizza - TaiDa

Offers different flavors of wood fired pizza. By Taiwan University. Chinese address: 台北市大安區羅斯福路三段283巷28號 (溫州公園旁). Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Pizza, American, Take-out
28, Ln 283, Sec. 3, LuoSiFu Road, Da-an District (next to WenZhuo park)
Taipei, Taiwan
02-23643351

Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9pm.

• Cash only

First Review by JesseD
sep412
sep412

Don't expect to sit down, but the pizza is good!

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

So Free Pizza is a tiny restaurant (more of a hut, really!) that serves decent pizza, by Taiwanese standards (I'm used to New York pizza so I'm pretty picky!). Some of the flavors of pizza are a bit creative, such as apple cinnamon, smoked cheese (my fav!), and kimchi. They also serve beer and other drinks. The restaurant is basically just a wood-fire pizza oven surrounded by about 8 barstools for customers, so seating is very limited, and as it gets pretty busy, you might have to wait a while for a seat. The oven isn't that big so I guess they can only cook a few pizzas at a time, meaning that sometimes you have to wait a while for your pizza to finish. I think one time I waited about half an hour! When it's not busy, it's not that bad, though. Most or all of the pizzas have cheese on them so it's not vegan-friendly as far as I know.

Pros: Good pizza, Creative menu, Casual, homey vibe
Cons: Not vegan-friendly, Occasionally slow service, Limited seating
Moraine
Moraine

Best Pizza in Taipei

5 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

I am kind of picky about pizza, especially about the crust. And in my opinion this place offers the best pizza (wood-fired too!) in Taipei. And it being the only pizza place whose menu is completely vegetarian is the cherry on the top. They offers 9 different type 8-inch pizzas. $120 a piece, fairly cheap in Taipei. I have tried all of them except the sweet ones, and I love all of them. My favorite ones are "rosemary potato" and "ginger superman" (ginger+salty duck egg). The other items on the menu are: mushroom asparagus, pesto mushroom, smoked cheese, fireball (seawead+edamame), apple cinnamon and banana almond.

It's basically a hole in the wall with very limited (around 5) and uncomfortable seating. So it's better to order by phone and pick up later. There is a small park opposite to the place. In nice weather it is quite comfy to eat there, and the staff will deliver your place to the park too.

Pros: excellent food, good value
Cons: limited menu
JesseD
JesseD

vegan-unfriendly restaurant with overpriced pizzas

2 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

I was quite excited to read of a new vegetarian pizza place in Gong Guan and Ximen, but was soon disappointed. First, there was no labelling (in English - or as far as I could tell, in Chinese) to say which were vegan, but after going through what I don't eat (they had no idea what vegan was, even with a Chinese translator) they said that all but one could be made vegan by leaving off the cheese. So I had two small pizzas which tasted more like sandwiches than pizzas, with very little sauce at all, though the sprinkle of tiny potato cubes on my 'Rosemary Potato' one were cooked very well. I noticed the other customers' pizzas were covered in cheese, and they also sell their cheese there, so that might explain why my meal seemed to be lacking something. There are only a few outdoor seats around the outside so you're probably going to be eating it in the park (which should be fine in good weather, but don't come if it's raining). So after a long wait and 280NT (for two pizzas) I still felt hungry and unsatisfied.

Pros: vegan unfriendly, pizzas are tiny, limited seating
Cons: good location close to National Taiwan U

Dear Owner and Manager of So Free Pizza - TaiDa: