CLOSED: s'Nice

Cafe and bakery with a few location in the NY area. Serves breakfast food, sandwiches, baked goods, salads, and coffee drinks. Reported closed to HappyCow, Dec 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out, Bakery, BYOB, American, Take-out
315 5th Ave (3rd St)
Brooklyn, New York 11215
718-788-2121

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by happycowgirl
forestfairy
forestfairy

awesome place!

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

I love S'nice! Every time I go there I leave happy and full. The atmosphere is laid back and cozy - the staff is really friendly - the food is delicious.
It's everything I look for in a veggie restaurant.
I recommend the tempeh reuben!

Pros: excellent food, cozy inviting atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: I don't live in Brooklyn
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Park Slope Vegan Delights!

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2012

S'Nice gets the thumbs up. Great coffee, oatmeal, sandwiches, paninis, soups, salads. Creative items like the sushi sandwich = tofu, avocado, nori, cucumber, ginger, wasabi mayo. I highly recommend the curried cauliflower wrap. Yummy cookies like the pecan caramel sandwich cookie and the peanut butter and jelly cookie. Vegan items are clearly marked 'vegan.' My only complaint - I wish they had more breakfast items.

If you are dining in, this joint is cash only. (There's an ATM at the laundrymat next door.) If you order delivery from them via Seamless, you can pay with credit card. If they're trying to encourage cash payments, I'd offer a discount for paying with cash instead of banning credit card payments in-house. Just my two cents.

It gets pretty crowded, but has nice outdoor seating. Strict rules for laptop usage (like, on every single tabletop there is a display of rules/hours of when you can and can not have your laptops out). If I were them, I'd ease up on the restrictions, it pisses people off and then instead of being peeved at the douche bag who's been on his laptop for six straight hours and only ordered one cup of coffee, they're peeved at you.

If you're going to NYC, I highly recommend staying at the Park Slope Inn. It's a Brooklyn guest house in the heart of Park Slope. For NYC, it's affordable at $200/nt. Best part - S'Nice is one block away so you will never be without vegan eats!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: s'Nice: