Serves meat, veg options available. Has a vegan menu which includes vegan nut loaf and vegan risotto, chik'n picatta, and a steamer basket. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, American, Non-veg
398 N Congress Ave, Unit 398 (Old Boynton Rd)
Boynton Beach, Florida 33426

CherylLynne
CherylLynne

good visit

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

I suppose the owners read the previous comments and are changing some things. They are getting rid of Gardien meats, which are quite pricey. I had the mushroom risotto. It was a large portion and I had left-overs. The staff was friendly, although I don't think my server knew the difference about vegan options. Either way, I was full and happy when I left.
The dishes are on the pricier end.

Pros: friendly staff, clear vegan options, big portions
Cons: pricey meals
GreyGhost
GreyGhost

Changed Order Without Asking, Served Spoiled Food

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

I wanted to like Snappers. I really did. It's very close to my family's Florida home, and since all the veg options are vegan, I had high hopes.

I was told that the complimentary bread was NOT vegan, and that if I wanted vegan bread, I could only order the hummus and pita (and pay $6 a basket). Oooookay...

I ordered the vegan piccata. What I actually got was a tiny Gardein cutlet in a small puddle of sauce on a giant plate that was otherwise empty except for...a grossly overcooked (seriously, the skin was burnt in a couple of places!) BAKED potato.

The server sneered "We don't have the vegan mashed potatoes tonight" before I could even protest. Now, I've had restaurants run out of things I ordered, but up until now, they have ALWAYS sent the server back to tell me so and asked me if I wanted to order something else. I wish the server had done this; I would definitely have changed my order.

Being served an over-baked potato I didn't want would have been bad enough, but when I asked for vegan butter, I was told there wasn't any. (Seriously?) The server would not give me anything to put on that potato.

Oh, and when I cut it open, it was spoiled. The server had already vanished and didn't reappear until my brother finally chased her down for the check, so I couldn't even send it back.

I intended to ask about having that inedible potato removed from the bill, but was told the manager was not there.

I had to eat again when we got back to the house. One Gardein cutlet and a tiny cup of soup was not enough, and I certainly wasn't going to eat a spoiled potato. (Incidentally, my non-vegan family's plates were piled sky-high with fish.)

Also, this is by far the noisiest restaurant I've ever been to. We gave up on trying to have a conversation because we just couldn't hear each other unless we shouted.

I won't be back. Hopefully, your experience will be better than mine.

Pros: All veggie options are vegan
Cons: Snippy service, Vegan offerings have tiny portions, Extremely noisy
NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Good Veg*n Options

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2013

I was visiting my omnivore parents, and my omnivore brother was with me, so I figured Snappers sounded appropriate for all of us. It was pretty good. My only complaint is the long-ish wait to be seated and then the long-ish wait to order and to get our food, as the place was crazy busy!

Food: 8. I love that all of the vegetarian options are vegan. There is a section devoted to the vegan options, and in the appetizer section the vegan options are clearly labeled. There are junk food type options (such as "chicken" fingers and burgers), healthy options (such as salads and quinoa), and gourmet type options (such as risotto and "chicken" piccata). I felt like going for a healthier and gourmet type option, so I went with the nut loaf, which came with mashed potatoes topped with sage gravy and a side of steamed broccoli. The nut loaf was not as good as I had hoped, as it had a sort of smoky taste to it in my opinion, but I loved the potatoes and gravy! The broccoli was rather boring... it would have been nice to have garlic or lemon juice or something on it for flavoring. I was too full to try dessert, but they had both a vegan sorbet and a vegan cake. Overall, I was quite impressed that a seafood restaurant had so many vegan options. And by the way, the omnivores enjoyed their food very much, too.

Price: 6. It's a bit pricey, especially given that they use Gardein for a lot of the mock meat dishes (meaning you can get the Gardein cheaper in grocery stores).

Atmosphere: 6. It's sort of a typical casual seafood restaurant, I guess. I did not like how crowded it was, especially since it was a Tuesday night when I went!

Staff: 8. Not particularly friendly or unfriendly.

Pros: Many vegan options, Clearly labeled vegan options, Tasty vegan options
Cons: Expensive, Crowded/busy, Have to see/smell seafood

Dear Owner and Manager of Snappers: