Smyrna Mediterranean Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. Mediterranean cuisine and cafe. Has a vegetarian/vegetable menu section with many items being vegan suitable. Casual nice atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Turkish, Non-veg

robsiem
robsiem

Great Place for Vegans

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2014

Driving through Fredericksburg and was looking for someplace to stop and eat. Stumbled upon this place and it was fantastic. As vegans it was a real treat to sit and talk with the owner about his passion for the healthy lifestyle. He was very knowledgable and the food was so good! I would recommend this place for sure! The falafel was delicious, and so was the kofte.

Pros: Great food!, Knowledgable
Cons: None that i can think of
leloyd
leloyd

Amazing Food!

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2013

My fiancee, who is vegan, and I stopped off at this place for dinner. It is a little hole in the wall place, but don't let the looks deceive you. The food was fabulous. Everything we tried was excellent. The owner was very helpful and passionate about healthy eating. One thing to note is to clarify whether items marked vegan contain honey. Overall this place is a must visit and we will definitely be back.

Pros: Good Food, Great Service, Lots Of Options
Cons: Random Location
Rose T
Rose T

Best Mediterranean in town!

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2013

Love this place. Food was flavorful and vegan friendly. Most of all the best customer service I have received in a long time. The owner loves what he does and it shows in his food! Yes, I highly suggest you bring your friends and family. Even received a quick cooking lesson. Going back in a couple of weeks to bring some friends.

Jaelus
Jaelus

Friendly people delicious food

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

Smyrna is a fantastic place to eat. The owner and his wife are very friendly and knowledgeable about vegetarian and vegan diets. The menu is clearly-labeled and has tons of vegetarian and vegan options. I tried a combo platter and loved it. The veggie kofte was absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend it. This restaurant is a real gem and should not be missed if you are in the area.
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 30, 2013

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Clearly-labeled menu with many options
TimWhite
TimWhite

Great healthy vegetarian/vegan food

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

In my travels I've experienced few places like this where the food is good and the staff is "enthusiasts" as well about vegetables and eating right. The owner treats food as medicine, as it should be. I love hummus and theirs is excellent!

Pros: Food , Passion
Cons: Decor
Ann CJKS
Ann CJKS

Excellent food for health conscious people!

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

We have been going regularly to Smyrna since we became vegan four years ago. They have a wide variety of dishes for vegetarians and vegans and everything is excellent! We make sure to get our olive oil, pomegranate juice, and hummus every week. The atmosphere is casual and family oriented. It is our favorite restaurant in Fredericksburg.

Pros: lots of vegan dishes, health conscious, fresh food
GreggWiggin
GreggWiggin

Home Cooked Mediterranean Food

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

Smyrna sat us down and brought my wife and I samples of all the things she thought we'd like. All home cooked food Greek and Turkish style food! I have a milk allergy and felt completely comfortable with all the food I ate. Would recommend it to anyone!

Pros: Quality, Vegan, vegetarian and meat options, Friendly
Cons: Off the beaten path, Small dining area
larksmith
larksmith

Great food, good service!

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2012

I've been to Smyrna 3-4 times, ever since I discovered it in the Ferry Farm area of Fburg. Everything I've had so far has been very good - excellent, which is saying a lot as I am a harsh critic when it comes to food. There is a separate vegetarian menu, which is mostly vegan (menu in restaurant indicates which food items are vegan). This is a small mom and pop type restaurant with good service and friendly staff. Vegan offerings include appetizers, sides, entrees, and deserts. My favorites so far have been the stuffed grape leaves, stuffed peppers, veggie kofte kebab and veggie stew. I haven't tried any of their deserts yet (always too stuffed from the meals).
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 01, 2012