Counter service diner offers many vegan options, has pancakes, sandwiches, soups, chili, side, and many kinds of vegetarian sandwiches. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International
86-14 Parsons Blvd (/in Queens)
Jamaica, New York 11432
718-739-7453

First Review by premananda1382
Scuba Girl
Scuba Girl

'Steak' Sandwich

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2013

Wow! I was a little unsure about eating a 'steak' after being vegetarian for so long, but it was fantastic. This was really tasty, with fried onion, sauce, mmmm!!!

I spent ages dithering about what I was going to have as there was so much that sounded yummy, I grew up as a meat eater, and having so many choices of thing s that were a blast from the past was great. I am really looking forward to returning.

Staff were really beautiful people, and patient with my indecision. I tasted my husband's juice and that was great too. My only regret is the sandwich was so filling - I am going straight to dessert next time, they look fabulous.

Pros: Staff, Speed, Ambience
premananda1382
premananda1382

Great sandwiches! Light and happy atmosphere.

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2009

This is a really nice breakfast and lunch place. It is light and happy, and has great food!

For breakfast they have a variety of nice omelettes (incl. a mexican omelett, and the hefty vegetable studded AUMlette). They also have cereals, rolls and other typical breakfast items.

For lunch they have a really nice selection of fantastic sandwiches. My favourites so far are the Turkey Club (it fake don't worry :)) with a side salad, and the hot open mushroom sandwich.

They also have hot soups, which you can also have as a small side order, which can really be quite a nice combination.

They also have some specials. I've taken the TRV (Tofu Rice Vegetables) quite a few times. I like it!

The staff has alway been very friendly.

Pros: great sandwiches, light and happy atmosphere, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Smile of the Beyond: