CLOSED: Slurps

Vegetarian gastronomic restaurant with focus on Indian dishes, and also serving Tibetan, Ethiopian, Middle Eastern, and other international food. Note: there is an organic food and wine store next door. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, International, Indian, Beer/Wine

kibber2004
kibber2004

Amazing food!

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2011

I went here yesterday evening with two friends and am still dazzled. We opened with starters, Sur le chemin initiatique de Bénares, it was so fresh and tasty. The bread a volonte was also amazing if a bit too salty.
Then the main courses, both of them on the basis fo quorn were really imaginative, fresh and tasty. My very weak stomach has not protested one iota despite ingesting countless different ingredients. Truly recommended!
The only possible downside, depending on your haste, is that it can take a while to get served.

Pros: Food, Tastyness, Freshness
Cons: Speed
Chizetta
Chizetta
  • raw

Disappointing big time

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2011

It is not easy here, in meat-driven Brussels, to find a vegetarian resto, but what a challenge to find a good one! Too bad, SLURPS has failed on every level! My husband (who is vegetarian-unfriendly) and I ( a raw vegan) went to this resto to celebrate my Birthday - and what a disappointment it was!! Firstly, the menu was so complicated that it was difficult to make a choice; once choice was made, the waitress said they do not have ingredients, so they will modify the dish. OK....but It took 40 minutes to prepare our 2-ingridients entrees (14 euros each!)!!! We ordered different things- a cold and a hot one but they turned out to be almost identical! They were small and disappointing taste-wise. Then, it took again 30 minutes for our main courses. The service was so slow, I had to go and ask if the kitchen works, indeed! We waited so long that we were about to leave without a service when our meals (18 euros each) finally arrived!...- and what a surprise!- they were barely warm! The presentation was good, but food was scarce. My meal was overdressed with balsamic vinegar and side-dish rice was cold, dry and undercooked (making me think it was a yesterday's leftover). My husband's dish looked more promising, but it was all about presentation - it wasn't good at all- he barely touched it...
Besides that, the waiter had dirty clothes, splashed generously with water or something else - I just couldn't believe he dares serve us in such!
The bill was 86 euros - way too much for a scarce food and poor service - a total waste of time and money. Perhaps the worst was not all of the above or my ruined Birthday, but my husband's reaction: "...why you tortured me with this???- I told you -VEGETERIAN FOOD CAN NOT BE GOOD!"
So, if you have extra money for such experiments and nerves made of steel, you may try this place by yourself, but I will never go back, I'd rather celebrate my B-Day at Exki!...

Pros: nice furniture and cutlery , aesthetically pleasant presentation
Cons: VERY slow service, scarce food, UNREASONABLY expensive
  • Paulie10022 Paulie10022

Hi Chizetta,

I'm sure you know it, but I would highly recommend taking your husband to Soul (listed here). I am visiting Brussels and ate there again last night. Absolutely stunning food, nice decor and very friendly service.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Slurps: