All ages music venue with vegan food menu. Moved from W Cervantes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out
101 S Jefferson St (downtown)
Pensacola, Florida 32501
850-791-6501

Open Mon-Thur 11am-11pm Fri, Sat 11am-1am.

First Review by aglenn0
HollyWanders
HollyWanders

YUM

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

On vacation and stopped into Sluggo's today and thought it was awesome! I had zucchini cakes that were puffy and delicious and a side of mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy which was also great. Would definitely go back, the girl working was very friendly.

Pros: All vegan, Inexpensive, Good Variety
Cons: Dark, Needs more signage, ex.-seat yourself
Derek A
Derek A

I Love This Place!!

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

I stop at Sluggo's every time I am go through Pensacola, Which is a couple time a year for the last 3 years. Tasty food indeed! And a decent beer selection. I love the cheeky wings and the lentil patty melt !! Since the vegan place where I live is only open for lunch I can really appreciate the extended hours of operation at Sluggo's. Keep up the good work! :)

Pros: Great Food, Beer Selection, Great Hours
Drop__dead
Drop__dead

Disappointed

2 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

Well to have Many good reviews . I was very disappointed didn't lead up to any of the expectation the reviews have stated . The first thing is when walking in Nobody explains on how the management works . I had walked in with family so as confused as we are we had no help, even getting it help no one really paid attention so we learn on our own . To top it off the food Took over 30 minutes to arrive at our table. Finally able to dig into the food Our tastebugs were thrown off , Did not even taste as the flavor they stated in the menu . I had the so called "BBQ sub " the BBQ tasted just like Marinara sauce . I'm from Texas and when it comes to BBQ we don't play around . So after that failed I turn to look at my side I had gotten curry lentils . Which did not taste like a curry and had a weird aftertaste . I personally wouldn't recommend it . It needs to be improve before I go back again

Pros: Jukebox , Art pleasuring to the eye, Cheap
Cons: Service is bad , Dark lighting , Not enough space

PatBaril
PatBaril

My GoTo Pensacola Restaurant

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2013

Sluggo's is a Pensacola Tradition and continues to evolve. They have always been a great music venue and after hours hangout. I had not been there in a decade until my Vegan conversion. Once I figured out what I could eat and searched for some unique options.

Sluggo's is Awesome and the restaurant I eat at the most. They have great sandwiches, wonderful bowls, good nachos, chili and mashed potatoes with Vegan gravy. Yummy!

Very cool place with super nice people. I think they can smell Birgin Vegans, so they offer help. I had no idea what some of the food was at first. I'm already a Veteran of Vegan dining.

This app is the best. Please post reviews for all. I have already used many of them and plan to help others.

Pros: Wide variety of options. , Vegan Comfort Food, Great Location
paulyvinci
paulyvinci

Yummy FOOD!

5 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

The woman working there was so nice and helpful. I'm staying in Pensacola for a few months and was pleasantly surprised there were several vegan/vegetarian restaurants in town. Sluggo's is pretty chill and the staff was very friendly. I had the lentil loaf, collard greens and key lime pie. Everything was fantastic, especially the key lime pie! I will definitely go back in the near future.

Pros: Inexpensive, Great food, Friendly staff
Cons: Not open Sunday :(
heidishark
heidishark

Don't let the decore fool you...Awesome Food

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

We love Sluggo's. We recently moved to Pensacola and are so happy to have a spot with such great food. I have three young kids and we feel comfortable there even though it is a bar. I honestly haven't had a bad dish there. Yes, it is a bit of a dive but in some ways that makes it better. It makes you feel comfortable you don't have to dress up, just come as you are and eat great food!

Pros: vegan, great food, comfortable
Cons: bar, dark
Astonangel
Astonangel

Very good

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2012

Really surprisingly good veggie food with entree portions that mean no appetizer is necessary....the ginger curry is excellent as is the mushroom burger.

Pros: Portions, Taste, Value
Cocochick
Cocochick

Good food!

4 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

My husband and I were visiting the Pensacola, FL/Gulf Shores, AL area, and, being a vegetarian, I was looking for veg friendly places to eat. I happened across Sluggo's here on Happy Cow and, I can say that I agree with most of the other reviewers here. The food is very good, and the portions are large! I was unable to finish my meal. The only thing that prevents me from giving Sluggo's five stars is the fact that it is a bit of a dive. It is very small and the interior could definitely use a bit of TLC. But the food makes up for the lack of atmosphere, and we will visit Sluggo's again the next time we are in Pensacola.

Pros: Excellent food, Large portions
Cons: Interior of restaurant needs attention
falstaff
falstaff

Check this place out!

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

Ok,the decor is drab and not very inviting; but,give it a try, because the food is fantastic. I had ck'd out their website and menu and decided to make the trip to Pensacola and treat myself to Sluggo's for my birthday. It's not the Ritz, but everything I tried was great. The nachos are the best I've ever had...PERIOD. The chili would qualify for a blue ribbon at any Texas cook-off, and everything else I tried was top-notch. I can't wait to go back. I want to try everything on the menu. To say the prices were reasonable is a gross understatement. The lady that took my order was right there when she should have been and very friendly, but didn't hover. Try this place out.

Pros: excellent food, great prices, friendly staff
Cons: drab decor
aadams1217
aadams1217
  • non-vegetarian

Yummy

5 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2010

Went here because I saw the good ratings on HappyCow, and, boy, were the ratings right.

Amazingly delicious vegan food. The atmosphere is a bit punkish and dirty, which is fine, but I feel like the place needs a little TLC.

I had a philly cheese sandwich with seitan, vegan cheese, onions and peppers. So good. And the mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy are top notch.

txveg
txveg

awesome

5 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2010

We ate here while visiting from out of town, and the food was amazing! Over the course of a few days, we ordered the club sandwich, the reuben, the nori wrapped tofu (forgot what the dish was called), the tacos, and the hot wings. Everything we had was so good, I wish we had a restaurant like it in TX. Even though it has been a few months since we were there, I still think about that club sandwich all the time!

Pros: service, food, location
jillj
jillj

Sluggo's

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2010

We just happened upon Sluggo's thanks to the handy gps. Our whole party was pleasantly surprised with our orders. You can see photos and what we ordered here: http://veganinthekitchen.com/2010/08/30/meatless-monday-a-couple-of-tofu-dishes-from-a-cool-place-called-sluggo%E2%80%99s/
Updated from previous review on Monday August 30, 2010

Pros: Excellent Food, Southern Vegan
danakscully64
danakscully64

My New Favorite Place!

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2010

Sluggo's is, by far, my favorite restaurant in the Pensacola area. They recently relocated downtown, just down the street from Ever'Man Co-Op (not sure how long ago, I just moved here). I had read about Sluggo's online and even had an employee at the kitchen store downtown tell me her vegetarian boss tried it and loved it, so I had check it out. One day for lunch, my boyfriend and I decided to go check the place out. The area has metered parking, but it doesn't apply on the weekends. Either way, it's only 25 cents for an hour (I'm used to San Diego where that buys 15 minutes, so that's a great deal). I've only been here during lunch hours, so I don't know if the evening is any different. I know they have music events, so for a quiet meal, lunch is your best bet. They're a Vegetarian Cafe, but I believe most of their meals are vegan (the employees can verify what meals are vegan).

What you do is order at the bar and sit down, they bring it out to you (I've paid before and after, not sure which is preferred). On our first visit, I ordered the Philly Seitan plate with pasta salad (not on their regular menu, it was a special) and it came with a salad. My boyfriend ordered The Berliner, which is a Seitan Ruben. Both were fantastic. My Philly had a little too much cheezy sauce, but I scooped it off and it was perfect. I've never liked rubens ("real" ones or past vegetarian ones I've tried), but I LOVED this. So much so that the next 2 times we went back, we got it (one time the bread was soggy, which sucked, but the other times were great). Their seitan is the best I've ever had. The pot stickers are also very good, all 3 sauces were equally great. The Spicy Cheeky wings were delicious, but VERY spicy (they're not kidding). The mushroom gravy mashed potatoes are heavenly as well.

Overall, I highly recommend this place. If I lived closer, I would go every week. The prices are absolutely reasonable as well, my guy and I usually spend around $14 for both of us, plus tip. There are pictures to go with this review as well.

Pros: Delicious Food, All Vegetarian, Great Prices
aglenn0
aglenn0

Music + Vegan Food

4 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2007

Sluggos has some great vegan sandwiches but they also host a variety of special nights. Tuesday night is barbecue night with barbecued seitan and a variety of changing homestyle sides all for a little over $5. Examples include fresh corn on the cob, cornbread, beans, cole slaw,and sauteed cactus. The marinated buffalo wing style seitan kabobs is usually an appetizer option worth ordering again and again. Saturday night is sushi night with vegan sushi fillings such as seitan, tofu, and vegetables. You may find potstickers and spring rolls as appetizers on sushi night. The food is excellent but get there early because there is a tendency to run out of menu items. Please keep in mind, this is a nightclub often featuring late night alternative music so get there early if you are looking for a quiet dinner.

Pros: Great Vegan Food, Good Value, Specials
Cons: Can be a long wait , Run out of menu items, Uninviting location

Dear Owner and Manager of Sluggo's: