Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant with a take-out deli. Launched vegan menu in Nov 2012 with around 15 items. Try the vegan faux pie, meatless meatball sandwich or any of the salads. Uses Daiya vegan cheese and Gardein products. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Italian, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
3930 Las Vegas Blvd S Unit 120

AileenW
AileenW

Great vegan options

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2014

We did not know about this place before we walked through the Mandalay Bay shops area on our way to the casino from the hotel next door. Walking past it, our eyes caught the words 'vegan menue', so we walked in.
We shared the Romelia's salad and a Meatless Meatball pizza. The salad was very nice, fresh and delicious, and we also liked the dressing (maybe a little too much dressing for my taste though). The pizza was also really good, and the faux meatballs were pleasently spiced. I also found the food to be reasonably priced (though not inexpensive).
We had to wait quite a bit for our food (maybe 40 minutes), but the staff was really apologetic and friendly, and we ended up getting our drinks (four beers) for free as compensation. Unfortunately we were too stuffed to try the desserts (the menue says they have Chocolate Cake, New York style cheesecake, and Zeppoli).
I would definitely recommend this place. I did not at all expect to find a vegan menue in one of the hotel restaurants, and was pleasently surprised by the tasty food.

Pros: friendly, attentive staff, reasonable prices
Cons: a bit noisy
Ajolote
Ajolote

disappointed

2 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

I was very excited to try this restaurant. I sat at the bar and the bar tender was super attentive and nice. I ordered the salad and it came drowned in a terribly acidic Italian dressing with mostly iceberg lettuce and bits of ice cold cucumber, some avocado and a few other things thrown in there almost by accident. When the bartender asked about my food I told him that it was awful. He immediately brought the menu back and replaced my salad for a pizza. After a very long time I got my pie; The crust was very blah and soggy in the center and the veggies were very oily.

Go for the good beer selection, but avoid the food!

Nozzer
Nozzer

Excellent vegan menu

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

Great vegan menu

Fully vegan, no vegetarian nonsense.

Pros: Massive portions
Cons: Massive portions

homaloro
homaloro

If I could give it 5 stars I would!

4 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

I visited this place twice on my visit to Vegas as I was staying at the Luxor which is pretty much part of the centre this restaurant is in. The service is excellent and the staff have a really good knowledge of veganism. Having tried the BBQ chicken pizza, meatball sub, zeppole and their vegan cheesecake (not on the menu but ask they had it both times I went) I can also say the foods really good. Not exactly healthy but sometimes healthy isn't what you want and this place fills that vegan junk food gap. Will be sure to come again if in Vegas!

Pros: Good service, Location, Vegan junk food done well
dgross
dgross

Excellent choice for vegan on the strip

4 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

My wife and I were very pleased to find this vegan friendly restuarant at the Mandalay. Ask for the Vegan Menu; there are many items besides vegan pizza. They also have some gluten-free items. The food was very good and the service was friendly. We were there mid-week and it wasn't too crowded but I expect the weekends would require a reservation.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Tasty Food, Friendly Service
calleylynn
calleylynn

Our favourite place in Vegas!

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

My husband and I went two times to this restaurant because the food was so wonderful. We tried the Vegan BBQ Chick'n pizza, meatball sandwich, veggie sandwich and not your mommas garlic bread. All the items we tried we're DELICIOUS! The staff was very friendly and the place was very clean. Absolutely loved our experience here! The vegan menu has a lot of selection which is great!

Pros: Wonderful Vegan food, Friendly staff
evalu
evalu

good vegan pizza, nice staff, special vegan menu

3 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

great place for a good vegan pizza, ask for the vegan menu! a 12 inch pizza costs 18$, though...

Pros: vegan menu
Cons: pricey
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

Yummy Vegan Pizza

4 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2013

I had heard from many people that eating vegan in Vegas was fairly difficult. I found quite the contrary. I also was coming from a highly isolate hunting community in the middle of northern Canada, so I could be a bad judge but many restaurants in Vegas not only offer vegan options but have a fully vegan menu available upon request. Slice of Vegas was of our first stops, the night we arrived. We were famished, of course. Slice of Vegas is located in lovely Mandalay Place which is easily accessible from the Luxor hotel. Unfortunately, the restaurant was full, so we didn't get to dine in but the waitress told us we could order from their take-out window. That's what we did. Ana and I opted on sharing the BBQ chick'n pizza, Dave went for the meatless meatball sub and we all got a slice of their peanut butter chocolate cake for dessert.

The food was incredible, flavourful and even the biggest meat-eater would not be disappointed with the vegan food. The cake was simply delicious that I can't help but rave about that all on it's own. It was moist and extremely chocolatey, along with that delicious peanut butter creamy frosting. It was the perfect place to start off my palate's vacation.

Pros: Great vegan selection, Delicious
hapdeadly
hapdeadly

great Vegan food

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

My husband and I had lunch here today and we pleasantly surprised. The food was great. We tried several items and loved them all. The place was comfortable and service great. We will definitely return for this great, large Vegan menu.

Pros: large menu, quality food
Cons: a bit expensive
sullivusb
sullivusb

Try the Not You're Momma's Garlic Bread

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

This is a great restaurant to frequent if you're staying in Mandalay Bay or the Luxor (or attending a Convention in Mandalay Bay). I ate here twice during my stay and was happy both times.

First I tried the Vegan Faux Pie which was good. The second time I got the vegan meatball sandwich, the "Not You're Momma's Garlic Bread", and the vegan cake. The vegan meatball sandwich was good, but the "Not You're Momma's Garlic Bread" was amazing - incredibly uniquely flavored, and unlike anything else I've ever had. It comes with three large slices and on its own would probably be almost enough for a meal. I also recommend the cake - the cake portion was good, and very moist but could have been slightly more chocolatey but the frosting was unbelievable.

Two things....

If you're getting food to go, I recommend calling your order in first.

Second, one of the other reviews mentioned price, and they're right this place is expensive. A 12" pizza cost me slightly more than $20 and was about the right amount of food for one person. But keep in mind that this is Vegas and the food (at least in the hotels) is incredibly expensive. The $20 I paid for the pizza was a much better deal than the $10 I paid for a veggie burger at the food court.

Pros: Good food!, Convenient to Mandalay Bay / Luxor, Vegan Menu
Cons: A bit expensive, Hard to tell how big portion sizes will
TucsonVeganGal
TucsonVeganGal

Beware of portion size

2 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

We ordered the "wings" and the 12" BBQ "Chicken" pizza. The "ranch" sauce that accompanied the wings was tasty. The wings themselves were tiny, tiny, tiny and nothing compared to the looks of the meat oriented food available at the establishment. The BBQ "Chicken" pizza was so small and with so few toppings I almost cried at the $19 price point I was stuck with.

Pros: Tasty
Cons: Quantity, Quality, Price
olyheather
olyheather

Yummy vegan pizza and subs!

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

They have a separate vegan menu and we got the barbecue "chicken" pizza and the vegan meatball sub. It was so delicious! Instead of marinara the sauce was a sweet bbq sauce, and the "chicken" on top had to be gardein. On the menu it said the cheese was Daiya, you could totally tell...it was super creamy. They put Daiya on the vegan "meat"ball sub, too, which was out of this world!

Pros: on the strip, great pizza, separate vegan menu
natalieg
natalieg

Amazing Vegan Meatball Sub

4 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2013

I was at Slice of Vegas for lunch yesterday and was very impressed by their Vegan menu. I decided on the Vegan Meatball Sub and was not disappointed!! Everything about this sandwich was great. It was served on an Amoroso's roll (all you east coasters know what I'm talking about), the sauce was tangy and amazing, and they use plenty of Daiya cheese so that you felt like you were eating a true meatball sub. I also had the garlic fries as a side which were fabulous and then there's the Vegan chocolate cake...no words can explain how yummy this cake is!! I will definitely come back to try out the rest of the items on the menu.

Jeansthill
Jeansthill

Good Pizza!

4 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2013

We ordered the buffalo wings, garlic bread, and BBQ chicken pizza. The garlic bread was great, it even came with a bulb of roasted garlic. The buffalo wings were good. At first I wasn't too excited when they brought out the buffalo wings because they looked like chicken strips with buffalo sauce but they were delicious. The hot sauce on the wings was great! There was also vegan ranch dressing. The BBQ pizza was great too! One of the best things is that the vegan options are the same price as the non vegan options.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Good vegan menu
Eminlv
Eminlv

great vegan pizza and apps!

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2012

Slice of Vegas pizza has a great family friendly atmosphere and lots of delicious vegan choices. We had the "not your mamas garlic bread", and meatless meatballs for appetizers then shared the vegan faux pie. Daiya cheese is the best invention. Ever. This is a great place to take non veg friends so everyone is happy. Just use the valet parking at Mandalay place and take the escalator up! Not as hard to get to as most strip restaurants. And not as pricey either!

Pros: vegan options, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Slice of Vegas Pizza: