Serves meat, veg options available. This is one of a small local chain (Slasčičarna Zvezda) of cafes primarily serving cakes, pastries, ice cream, coffee and tea, but also with some sandwiches and soups on the menu. Offers one vegan chocolate cake, and vegan ice cream made with rice milk or all fruit (one or two flavors in the winter, 6-8 flavors in the summer). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Slovenian, Non-veg
Wolfova ulica 14 (Kongresni Trg)
Ljubljana, Slovenia SI-1000

Anyaaa
Anyaaa

Best vegan ice cream

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

Vegan ice cream is sweetened with stevia and it is gluten free, made with rice milk. It is the best ice cream i had ever had. One scoop is 2.50€, but the taste is worth it. Some of the flavors are hazelnut, chocolate,vanilla with raspberry, cookie...

Pros: Lots of choices for vegan ice cream , Different raw cakes
Cons: Expensive
rhelune
rhelune

Delicious vegan ice cream

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

Delicious creamy vegan rice milk ice cream, I've tried chocolate, hazelnut, coconut and another one (not sure if it was vanilla or cookies). All are very tasty. The ice cream is expensive though, vegan ice cream costs more than dairy ice cream there. I've tried their vegan cake as well, it's raw, and I find raw cakes too dense, but it's tasty in combination with the ice cream. I haven't tried 100% fruit sorbets yet.

Pros: many kinds of vegan ice cream, separate vegan ice cream fridge
Cons: expensive
kadoka55
kadoka55

Delicious ice-cream

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2013

Zvezda has 2 or 3 kinds of vegan cakes among all the other desserts and very very good vegan ice-cream made of rice milk which is even more tasty and creamier than "real" ice-cream. Ljubljana is a vegan friendly town, and in Zvezda you can also find coffee with soy milk.

gbelanger
gbelanger

Excellent Arugula Salad with Feta Cheese and Pesto

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2013

There are three separate places that are part of this business: 1) a high end pastry shop with plenty is lovely looking pastries, chocolates and macaroons, including about 5 different kinds of raw vegan deserts; 2) a cafe that serves mostly drinks, but also a few different kinds of sandwiches and three different salads, one of which is without meat and I found well prepared and delicious; 3) a "bistro" which is more of a sit-in, restaurant-like place I have not been. The cafe where I had the salad and worked on my laptop for a couple of hours was really pretty full on Wednesday night, and so was pretty loud, but fortunately I had my QuietComfort15 and therefore did not mind one bit. So, even if there was only that one salad I could have for a meal, I am of the opinion that only one choice is fine as long as it is good.

Pros: One great salad, Delicious looking pastries of all kinds, Cozy atmosphere
Cons: Very few veg options, Loud
A-Babe
A-Babe

Mmm Icecream

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2012

I pass Slascicarna Zvezda very often, but I never noticed they have vegan icecream! So when I saw that I had to try it and it was really tasty! I think they have an icecream with soy or with rice milk but I've noticed even many other things are veg-friendly. =)

Pros: diversity, taste, location
Cons: a bit expensive
yael
yael

Excellent ice cream and one vegan cake

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2011

This is a quite busy cafe, less atmospheric than other cafes in Ljubljana but still friendly - and worth visiting if you want a slice of vegan cake (they have one kind - chocolate with layers of fruit).
DEFINITELY worth visiting in the summer when they sell ice cream outside - with a whole separate cart for rice-milk/fruit based non-dairy ice cream. Hazelnut, coconut, and chocolate are very recommended!
The other locations in BTC and Hotel Slon are equally friendly and offer the same menu.

Pros: tasty, good coffee, efficient staff
Cons: usually quite busy

Dear Owner and Manager of Slascicarna Zvezda: