Small vegetarian cafe that hosts live music events. Offers only one daily menu with two dishes and a cake; and range of beers. The owner is the waitress, cook, and barkeeper in one person. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Norwegian, Western, Beer, Juice bar
Vestregata 48
Tromso, Norway
+47-77655434

Open Tue-Thur 3pm-1:30am, Fri-Sat 3pm-3:30am, closed June-July.

First Review by Amy1274
FlorianW
FlorianW

Cozy atmosphere and great food

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2013

It is not the cheapest (even compared with Norwegian standards) place but a nice place with a cozy and familiar atmosphere. The food is also very good and all dishes including the cake was vegan.
When we went there, the owner had to options on the menu. Soup with home made bread and lasagne with salad and bread. We both had the lasagne an it was really good. Everything was hot and fresh. (Also the bread was still warm)
The amount of food was okay, could be a little bit more for the price.
After the lasagne I had coffee and (vegan) chocolate cake. Also a good and fresh taste with a lot of chocolate and coconut cream.

The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Seems to be it is the living room of the alternative scene of Tromso. The location and the interior suits perfect to the (regular) guests but nothing is grubby. They also offer a good range of beer and free water.

So 4 of 5 cows, if the would add maybe one more dish on the menu and reduce their prices of the food a little bit.

Pros: Fresh food, friendly staff, Atmosphere
Cons: Price
Amy1274
Amy1274

Be careful of changing opening hours...

3 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2012

I've not eaten here yet but I've stopped by to look at the menu and suss out prices...it's approx. 125NOK/14 Euros for a main (which is why it'll be a special treat for us!) and there are two or three dishes available each day. All food is vegan, though dairy milk is available for drinks, the atmosphere appeared warm and welcoming and the staff very friendly.

Just be careful of the opening hours, as the first time I went to ask about booking a table (this isn't needed), I found the door open, lights on, but nobody there, despite it being within the times listed above. I waited for over five minutes before leaving. The second time, I arrived at six pm to find a staff member opening up, and was told the cafe is open from Wednesdays to Sundays, from six (different to the times in the listing). So if you are only in Tromso briefly, maybe it's a good idea to call ahead and confirm times, to avoid disappointment.

Hopefully I'll be back with a food review soon!

Pros: location, atmosphere
Cons: price

Dear Owner and Manager of Sivertsens Kafe: