Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food restaurant in a more modern atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg
1606 W McGalliard Rd
Muncie, Indiana 47304
765-288-8688

Open Tue-Thur, Sun 11:30am-2:30 pm, 5-9pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-2:30 pm, 5-9:30pm.

First Review by Chelsarrr
Crunchy_Mike
Crunchy_Mike

Great Find!

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

Went here for dinner a week or so ago - didn't feel like driving to Indy. The decor was inviting and most of the tables were full. We were seated promptly, although it took a little while for our server to stop by. As it turns out, we only saw two servers (seemingly the owners) and a busboy working the front of the house. But once we ordered, drinks and appetizers didn't take too long. The vegetable pakora was delicious. The samosas were not bad (not my favorite, but ordered for the table). Chai and lassis were good. Garlic naan was really good.

The bhindi masala was wonderful. I love okra and this was a treat to find. I ordered it spicy and it was smokin' hot - better than I hoped for (tough to get any place to serve you Indian guy hot in Indiana)! Still think they held back a bit though.

One other in the group got medium spice in dish and was about all she could take (doesn't like the heat like I do). Those ordering mild were pleased. Portion sizes were good - all had some to take home. Everyone reported a good meal (confirmed by my sampling...and yes, I asked before sneaking a bite)

Gulab jamun for dessert was some of the better I've had, and a great way to top of the meal. The previous reviewer mentioned no dessert - many that was a long time ago or something with the buffet?

We will definitely go back! Good food - good vibe. Decent prices. Easier drive for an Indian food fix than into Indianapolis metro area. If you are in Muncie - it's worth stopping by!

Pros: Tasty food!!, Spiced well (for Indiana), Fun decor - friendly staff
Cons: Limited Vegan entrees, many Vegetarian, Need more wait staff
Chelsarrr
Chelsarrr

Only Indian in Town

2 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

I love Indian cuisine. This place is not the greatest, but I'm always able to satisfy my craving. The menu has many vegetarian options that everyone's tried before and 2 or 3 marked vegan items.

Pros: Indian...nuff said, Buffet includes several vegan options, Close to home
Cons: Not many vegan options, Owner doesn't allow servers to keep tips, No dessert

Dear Owner and Manager of Sitara Indian Cuisine: